18 June 2013

Traffic Monday

Yesterday traffic was horrible.  Everyone was complaining.  I spent an hour just to go around the block.  I came back to the office and decided to eat at a restaurant close by that I have always wanted to try.  It is something that has been on my to do list for a while.

I looked around for people to join me but everyone was gone.  So I ventured there by my lonesome.  I was taken to a table, waited a short time and then greeted by a waiter.  I got a pasta dish, soda and a desert.  With the tip I dropped $50.  That’s when I realized I could have had a V8.  Traffic was calm and I was able to leave and get home in about a 1/2 hour. 

The odd thing about this was the waiter had the same nick and given name as my late partner.  I asked him about it and told him that I lost him in April.  He said that is my birthday month.  Thankfully they were on two very different days of the month.  It was very strange and I still think about it from time to time. 

I arrived home at 8pm, very late.  Got the children fed twice.  Got the trash out.  Got my lunch packed.  Took my medicine, brushed my teeth and that was the night.  Woke up and came back to do it all again this morning.  Didn’t want to be here and still don’t want to be here.

Yesterday was a day of problems and today has followed suite.  I got my anti-theft stickers and just waiting for final approval before I ship this stuff out.  3 sites done and 6 more to go.  It’s going to be a long time.  I’ve got more hellish projects waiting for me and I am so not eager to start them.  However, life is about moving forward.

Speaking of which I am still Google eyed over the guy here.  I’ve been looking at him and he looks at me.  Neither one of us say a word.  My guess is he thinks I am a freak.  I want to approach him but am so afraid of offending him and/or getting him to spring into Ninja mode that I just want to let it go.  Nothing ventured nothing gained.  I had myself all set to talk to him today but passed it up.  Maybe if we are alone in an elevator I might say something, otherwise probably not for now. 

No fresh hell in the mail last night.  I got an EOB from Medicare telling me what providers are going to try to bill my guy, but most of them have already sent their bills.  I know there will be one or two more that trickle in, but it’s going to take time.

Speaking of which, I have one more hour before I venture out into traffic again.  Hopefully tonight’s commute is much better.  I can go home and eat Chicken McNuggets.  Not better for me but better for my wallet.

Talk with you peeps later.

No comments: