02 June 2013

Memorial Dinner

Things went better than I expected but I did also cry several times.  The guy who organized the event served as MC.  He had everyone go around the room and introduce themselves and say how they knew my guy.  When it got to me that is when I became the emotional basket case.  I said that I lived with him and was his care taker, I never said anything about being gay because I know he didn’t want some people to know.  It was done out of respect.

I heard many stories that also made me tear up.  We did a toast to him.  There were lots of laughs.  Unfortunately I picked a corner seat and was trapped so I couldn’t mingle with some of the people I really wanted to talk to. 

The table that I was at I was surrounded by my friends, all of which were former co-workers.  There were a couple people that I expected to show up but they didn’t.  I am not exactly pleased about that but I realize people have lives.  This was planned months in advance and it hurt that one person in particular was not there. 

I was up until 3 am last night.  I started a conversation around 10 and stopped a little after 1am.  I had to wind down but I had a difficult time.  So I slept away most of my Sunday.  I am playing catchup right now.

I also have home phone problems.  There was static on the line, but I got that fixed.  Now I have an inductance hum, something that has always been around since I have been living here.  It comes on when the humidity creeps up and when Winter sets in it’s all gone.  I honestly don’t talk much on my home phone and really only keep it for the alarm system.  I have grown so fond of my cell phone and I can go anywhere and do most anything while having the convenience of talking or not.  I really wish I could disconnect it.

I have to go find and price his some of his stuff to get ready for next weekend, which won’t be much fun.  It will be a whirlwind weekend like this one has been.  After that I should hopefully have weekends to myself for the most part.  I need a vacation really bad.  Well off to the races, lots to do and little time to do it in.  I am sure the rest of the day will fly by before I know it. 

Working on Laundry, as usual.  Talk with you peeps later.

1 comment:

Jude said...

I'm happy to hear the memorial went so well for you, I'm sure you're glad it is done and over though.

I'm so old fashioned and still use my home phone! LOL