23 May 2015

Moving along

I have had 1 thing to respond to all day long.  It came in around 9 or 10 – it was a decent time of day.  Something simple but I didn’t have to get involved just pass it along to another person to take care of, because I don’t have the rights.  It’s been dare I say it quiet all day long.  Now that the day is winding down I am wondering if I will get any calls tonight.  I’m thinking not  - that my wish about everyone being with friends & family well it’s come true.  It won’t look particularly good on my pay check but I am perfectly okay with that. 

I’ve stayed home all day long.  The children got me up at 6 to feed them and then I went back to bed around 7.  Watched Netflix and Amazon TV most of the day.  Learned all about Siracha, saw a documentary about 2 corrupt judges sending juveniles away and I watched another movie that I don’t remember anything about other than it was good.  I napped this afternoon out of boredom.  The house started to heat up so I flipped on the AC.  Had frozen lasagna for supper and well that brings me to now. 

This whole idea of staying home for 2 days and then getting out on Monday, I have no idea what I was thinking.  I am going out of my mind.  There is literally nothing here that I want to do.  So tomorrow morning I will be getting up early and heading to breakfast.  Then on to the grocery store and will proceed like a normal Sunday.

As for Monday well I am giving some thought of going to the BBQ or maybe just going for a drive to get away from the area.  Not exactly sure yet.  It’s still claw trimming day for Ruth.  I am no more excited about that than she is.

My mom called and told me the latest in the quest about moving.  Her house has an offer – bond for deed, but the catch is no one can inhabit the house so they would have to move.  My brothers future home had a house inspection and they found termite damage.  He is trying to see if the government aka Fanny May will pay for the damage.  I did some research on line and it sounds like he will be SOL but I am letting the cards fall where they may and keeping my nose out of it.  My mother turned on the tears and told me that she doesn’t know what she is going to do.  That was the part where I was supposed to say, well you can come live with me and bring your two dogs.  But I didn’t.  I have no desire to live with my mother or my brother.  In fact the idea of sharing a living space with anyone right now I think would be a bit much.  I told mom to inquire about a reverse mortgage – she could get paid to live in her house then she could afford to stay there.  The only catch is when she died that the property would belong to the bank, meaning we (me and my brother) wouldn’t inherit it.  I think that is much smarter because that house is far too old and would be more of a liability than an asset.  I already know I am not getting anything when she dies, nor do I expect to.  However, if by some chance money comes my way great.  It’s nothing that I am banking on. 

When I go back to TV watching I’ve got a documentary about some older gay men who are in retirement ages and they talk about their past and there present.  It’s kind of a sad story so far.  They all are alone in that they don’t have partners.  They all sing the same song that you should live while you are young.  Makes me want to get dressed and head out to a gay bar to see about living.  This being alone has pros and cons like anything else.  However, I think I’d like some adventure instead of sitting and stewing in my own juices – left to entertain myself instead of making memories with someone else.  It’s not about sex it’s about companionship. 

Well that’s all I’ve got for now.  2 more days then it’s back to the grind.  Next Saturday I will have an eye doctor appointment.  Time to get the peepers checked and see if it’s time for change the prescription on my coke bottles.  I’ve been asked by more than one person why I don’t wear contacts.  Simple I can’t stand the idea of sticking my finger or anything else in my eye.  There are also high rates of eye infections and you have to do maintenance with contacts, play with chemicals – glasses are much simpler.  Clean and put on, easy breezy.  Plus if I am tired of wearing them I can take them off and not have to worry about putting them in a case and I don’t have to go to the bathroom to take them off.  Contacts are great for some people but they are just not for me.  As of my last eye exam I am not required to wear glasses when driving and I hope that I never get to that point.

Now it’s time to feed the children their evening treats they have grown accustom to and see about entertaining myself.  Talk with you all again soon.  Hope that your weekend is going well. 

1 comment:

Jude said...

Ah, so does this mean that while "on call" you only get paid for any calls you get?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!