15 May 2015

It’s almost the weekend

So my last week of freedom is coming to a close.  I still have today plus the weekend and then on Monday morning on call I go.  Not looking forward to that but I will survive.  I was thinking on the way in that it’s not so bad since we do go on at night until 11p which takes care of most of the calls.  The weekend is the hellish time but this will be a holiday weekend so I have no idea what to expect.  I just hope that it’s smooth and uneventful. 

Last nights mail brought me the last bill that needed to be paid.  I was able to pay all of my current bills last night.  I was a little concerned about it because on line banking has been broken for a couple days.  I had a work around just in case but glad I didn’t have to use it. 

I had a Chicken Pot Pie last night which was pretty good.  Not sure what I would like to have tonight.  I’ve thought about going out and I’ve also thought about staying in.  I am low on cat food so I need to either go tonight or tomorrow for sure.  The cabinet hasn’t been this empty in a very long time.  I also have to change the filter on the water and this is the first time that the reserve tank is full so I have a feeling it’s going to be a messy change but thankfully it’s only water.

All week long I have found myself sitting in front of the TV and before I know it I am passed out.  I wake up only to go to bed  Last night I fought back and stayed up longer.  I still woke up in the middle of the night.  Marvin wanted out of my room.  Outside of that it was nice.  I am hoping for some quality sleeping and napping over the weekend.  I have to get up early tomorrow morning to go see the dentist.  That is always fun.  I get to feel boobs on my head, which is a very nice feeling. 

Speaking of the dentist.  A lot of people brush before they go in.  Not me I figure that is doing the dentist job for them.  They are there to clean my teeth and well brushing is cleaning, but on a different level.  It won’t make any difference if there is food in my teeth – it still has to come out.  Lots of people think that is gross but I feel as if you brush you are trying to hide something.  They see lots of mouths on a daily basis, what is one more.  Outside of the boob treatment I also really like the flossing and often ask for a 2nd floss. 

The bigger question is what am I going to do after the dentist.  That really depends upon which way the wind is blowing tomorrow and how I feel.  Nothing special planned, outside of the usual weekend activities. 

All of the children are doing well.  They still take turns at the back door.  When I left this morning I saw a squirrel, so I wonder if maybe if they have seen him as well.  I still really feel that they are looking for LB.  I miss him too and wish he would come back but that is not an option.  So we shuffle on and remember the good times we had together.  It’s kind of the same thing with a human but you have to get rid of belongings and go through legal procedures to close out their life.  An animal is really simple in the grand scheme of things.  Perhaps that is why the hurt lasts a  little less. 

So I hear about the Amtrack train crash that the conductor/engineer is gay.  So some people are saying that is why the train crashed.  I am not sure why people have such narrow minded thoughts.  The train crashed for a reason and it has nothing to do with if it was a man or a woman if they were black, white, purple  - gay or straight.  From what I have heard speed appears to be the biggest factor.  Anyone who drives or pilots any form of transportation can speed that isn’t limited by age, gender or religious beliefs.   It is a sad event that took place and sounds like it was totally avoidable, but that is based on speculation and not fact.  The only thing that I can say with absolute certainty is that the driver being gay didn’t cause the crash.

That’s all I know for the moment.  I hope that you have a great weekend and enjoy the time away from work.  Go do something fun like napping, traveling, eat some food or go for a walk.  I will be busy at it but based on how I feel right now I don’t have a lot of energy.  Let’s hope that changes.  Take care and I will talk with you peeps later. 

No comments: