11 May 2015

Bear v Bathtub

Tonight when I came home I found that Bear was in need of a bath.  This wasn’t something I could cure with baby wipes or water & paper towels.  So I got everything read and put him in the tub.  He started screaming and went for my arm to have something to hold on to.  I got him clean but I paid the price for it.  My arm is scratched up, so it looks like I got into a fight with a girl.  It itches more than anything.  I got the bleeding to stop, which is a good thing. 

It took a long time to calm Bear down, in fact he was still a little winded when I left him to come write this and throw the towels in the washer.  I didn’t plan on tangling with him or doing laundry but surprise it happened.  He is much cleaner now.  I didn’t have a lot of time to do a complete bath because he was flailing around like a fish out of water.  However, I got his bum cleaned and those hind quarters so were in good shape.  I made sure the shampoo was rinsed out of him and then it took two towels to wash him.  This was a task for two people but what do you do when you are the only person?  You rough it and hope for the best.  Things could have been much worse but I am just thankful that I didn’t get bitten, that would have posed a serious problem. 

So I know my arm is going to itch for a while, that will be annoying but at least my Bear is clean.

It’s been a busy day.  Started off with a rainy commute and I was up early but didn’t know why.  Thankfully I sprang to life and got moving, otherwise I would have been late to work.  As it was I had like 5 minutes to spare.  It was a very long commute all because of some water.  So water is to blame for my problems this morning and this evening. 

When I did have a spare moment I browsed the dating apps and low and behold who do I find on there?  The waiter from Cracker Barrel that I asked out.  According to his profile he is only 20.  I already know he isn’t interested in me but I still expressed an interest in him.  While his body is great and he is good looking, I can’t say that I know much about him as a person.  So I would want to get to know each other to see if there was compatibility and then go from there.  However, I don’t think that is going to happen.  My guess is that he is looking for someone who is in his age range and not an old guy like me.  Still I had no idea if he was gay and well I guess I know the answer to that question now.  I still marvel at how professionally he handled turning me down.  While it’s nice to get a nibble now and then I am ready to find someone and delete those damn apps.

There you have it my day.  Now I am going to play nurse to my arm and check on Bear.  I got him pretty excited, which is totally bad for his condition.  I will talk with you peeps later.

No comments: