21 May 2015

1 more day

Since yesterday, I have made the call to the attorney.  No response as of yet and I had to leave a voice mail.  I suspect it will take some nagging before I get a response.  At the very least the message should have jogged his memory, so maybe something will show up on line now.  I can only hope.

I had my Mexican food last night and it wasn’t as good as I anticipated but it was okay.  I spent the evening talking with my friend who has the health issues.  I found out that I won’t be going to her sons graduation because the State limits it to immediate family only.  He is going to be a State Trooper.  I’ve never met him but I have seen pictures and well it’s just a damn shame he is straight.  In any case we have a common interest in Law Enforcement.  You’d probably never guess that by reading my blog.  However, I would love to be in his shoes.  Albeit a scary time right now for police everywhere.  Guns, Protestors and people that want to challenge and/or fuck with the police are seemingly everywhere.  This too shall pass but I think it will be a long time before it does.  If you have an encounter with a Law Enforcement Officer so long as you do exactly what your told and the cop is above board, you both should be able to walk away from the situation unharmed.  That doesn’t mean you won’t get arrested if you commit a crime.  Race, color, sexuality those are all factors that shouldn’t come into play and I know for a fact they do.  Certain police departments are guilty of profiling, but as long as you aren’t doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry about.  The bottom line is that if a cop wants to arrest you he/she will.  If they want to write you a ticket they will.  Chances are really high that if you are polite and cooperative you will more than likely walk away. 

The weather yesterday took a turn and it felt like February when I was walking to my car.  It’s cooled off here quite a bit and I had to turn on the heat last night.  Probably the same for tonight and then things should hopefully slowly warm up.  We are in for rain for a bit as well – typically it will happen over the weekend as it has for the past 2 or 3 weekends.  Enough water has fallen here that it’s a wonder we are not all floating.

Today has been a little bit easier and relaxed.  We are short staffed and I am actually supposed to be on the phone right now but I need down time.  Last night I had a scary dream that I was institutionalized and was in the process of getting out.  IT was very vivid and very scary.  Not sure why I had that but my sleeping pattern is off because my defenses are on high alert at night since I am on-call.  Can’t wait until Monday.  Yes I know I am whining about it but I have to tell someone. 

Last week and again this week when I leave I see two guys get on the elevator and they are so close to each other they could kiss.  One of them looks like he wants to hold hands and kiss.  I am not sure if they are together or if I am reading a bit much into the situation.  However, it’s nice to see.  I am still very jealous of any couple straight or gay – because well I have no one.  That is scary.  Despite what I thought I am doing rather well with fighting off the need to get back to on-line dating.  However, I realize that unless I put myself out there no one is just going to come walking up to my door.  It’s sort of like looking for a job, unless you submit a resume no one knows your interested and/or looking.  I just think there has to be a better way to meet and the whole in person thing is appealing to me, because the photo things goes out the window.  You can see and observe and if your both interested in each other great.  I just think the odds sound much better and there isn’t as much competition.  No matter how you go about it dating is a total crap shoot because you never know who your going to end up with.  I just don’t want some psyco or a murderer.  I feel like it should be instant and move quickly but that doesn’t make it so.  Reality is the world is a large, cold place and there are difficult times.  However, there are lots of nice people amongst the no so nice, just finding them and then figuring out if they are single, gay and interested are the next 3 challenges.  Ah some day I suppose I will be gushing about a guy and how he completes me but right now I just look forward to going home to my little Wild Kingdom.  It’s really tough.

Tonight is left over BBQ and I am so anxious for that.  One more night of semi-sleep and then the fun begins.  I actually think that Friday night will be quiet as well but Saturday morning will be interesting.  I hope for all easy and quick wins, that is if I am bothered at all.  Cheers and I will talk with you all on Friday!  Hope all is well.

No comments: