I have been looking all over the net for an update on Windows Live Writer and why it won’t work with Blogger all of a sudden. I found that I am not alone and apparently there were changes made on the Google side that affected Live Writer and it’s something that Microsoft will need to fix. Microsoft has made it sound like Live Writer is dead, but that is pure speculation at this point, no official word has been released. Meanwhile I looked for alternatives to Live Writer. There are many of them but unfortunately I couldn’t get any of them to install on Windows 8. I like a stand alone product so I avoided browser based programs. I saw a trick that if you compose your post in Live Writer and then switch to HTML and copy that, then paste into Blogger it should retain formatting, color, etc. So this post is a test to see if that works. Granted it’s a cluster of a work around but if it works then I will probably stick with this for the short term.
I never knew about Live Writer until one day a boss of mine told me about it and then asked me to start posting on the internal company blogs. I wrote a few articles and liked it. So I incorporated it for personal use and have been using it for years. It’s a great free product and I hope that Microsoft doesn’t kill it but it wouldn’t surprise me if they do. After all all good things must come to an end.
We had a vendor out today doing some repair work and while he wasn’t my type I kept hearing a voice say ask him out. We had a business conversation first and then switched to casual chit chat. I didn’t make any move, because I wasn’t sure and well this is work. It would be embarrassing if he declined and then told others. I don’t want to leave myself open like that. It’s just plain risky.
Last night I had a conversation with a friend about potentially moving to Los Angeles. That didn’t go over well. I have been thinking about it for quite sometime. There are a lot more gay people out there than there is here. Plus I just think I would be a happier person. Of course I would have to get used to new surroundings. I would want to vacation out there to test the waters before I made any type of commitment. For now I am keeping this on the back burner and it will most likely stay there until after the children are gone. Right now I am too tied down to them, plus my job is decent and I feel very secure. I wouldn’t just want to up root and throw caution to the wind. That doesn’t sound like it would work out well at all.
Enjoyed my Mexican meal last night and tonight I am polishing off the BBQ Pork. Kind of funny because today is National Burger Day. Who knew we had such a day? I heard about it on the news this morning. Just one of many things I managed to catch amongst all of the bad news – murder, rape, robbery. It’s like the same old song and dance just the locations change. Kind of a shame that we can’t have more good and less bad news.
Yesterday afternoon I got to cross off something on my bucket list. I have never ever been to the new Federal Courthouse that is located in the same state where I work. The building isn’t old but is far from being new. In any case I had to run down a cable yesterday and was very impressed with what I saw. The Feds do everything first class and security is tight, as in restrictive not as in wonderful. I was under a time limit so had to move very fast and getting dressed again kind of slowed me down. Just like at the airport, I had to remove my belt and putting it back on isn’t smooth when I am under pressure – that’s what I meant by getting dressed.
Bear is as picky as ever. He conned me out of extra food last night. I still haven’t seen any further BM from him, I am starting to get a little concerned. A couple days is the most I can let him go. Then we will go back to the medicine. I just hope he goes, he has put enough food in to get something out of the back end. I really don’t want to have to take him to the vet only to find out that I have to give him yet another medication or worse yet make a decision that I am not prepared to make. He worries me a lot but perhaps I am a bit too dramatical.
Yesterday afternoon I noticed a bump on my neck, I thought it was a pimple but after taking a photo of it with my phone (neat trick when you don’t have 2 mirrors or don’t want to ask anyone) I saw that it was just a bump. It was pretty large. By the time I got home my neck was bothering me. I went to bed in the hopes that it would go away but it was difficult to get out of bed this morning. Since then the bump has decreased significantly so I don’t know what it was – my guess is something bit me. There is no more pain. I am about to go into my massage session and am looking forward to it.
Happy that tomorrow is Friday and the weekend will be upon us once again. Hope that your doing well and that life is going smoothly. Talk with you all again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment