24 August 2016

Pouting Cat

I didn’t know that cats could pout but found that out last night.  Bear worked his way over to the regular dry food.  I picked him up and put him closer to his own food.  I walked away and when I came back he was hiding under the couch.  He didn’t want his food, he wanted what he wanted.  Since he couldn’t get it he hid and when I went to see him he just looked at me.  Silly boy. 

He is such a picky eater.  I wish the makers of the prescription food had more variety of flavors that would help out.  I obliged him last night and poured him a fresh bowl of dry food, topped it with a little bit of the regular dry food.  He started crunching away.  I looked at it this morning he ate all of the bad stuff and some of the good stuff. 

Not sure how he did it but I looked down last night before I went to bed and there he was in between the chair and the bed, his spot.  He started crying I thought he was Marv and I looked down I was surprised to see him.  We slept together just like the good old days.  It would be great if he could lose some weight and get back to climbing, then I am sure he would jump in bed with me. 

His stool has turned to coal black.  I did some research on line and everything says oh get your cat to the vet because they are bleeding internally.  If he was bleeding internally he would have passed away by now.  So I asked the vet and they say that it’s most likely attributed to his diet change.  It’s all solid so there really is no worry.  I just know that is one place you really don’t want to see black.

Right now I am enjoying giving him just 2 pills, but he will be starting back on his steroids very soon.  Then it will be 2 pills in the morning and 3 pills at night.  I could take him off of the muscle relaxer but right now things are going so good, I really don’t want to rock the boat.  Since the price of that medicine went down that helps. .

I have told a lot of folks here at work about Bear and how he was ill.  Only one person followed up with me.  I realize that some people think it might strike a nerve because things didn’t look good. Then I got to thinking about how people here are allegedly my friends, they only hit me up when they have a computer problem or if they need something.  They really don’t give a shit about me.  I’ve always said I am not here to make friends but to do a job.  I sit all day in my cube and if I am interrupted it’s because I have a delivery or someone has a problem.  Kind of sad when you think about it and yes it has gotten to me.  I talked with one ‘friend’ last week who has nothing good to say about this place and wants to bitch about her job and the way things are here.  I had a sick cat and I took my time to listen to her BS.  You can’t take 5 seconds to ask me how my boy is doing?  I mean seriously.  I hope that she finds a new job because her bitching has been going on for 2 years.  I have really held back, I really want to tell her if she thinks this place is so bad quit and then you will have plenty of time to find a job.  This place isn’t going to change and you aren’t the person that will be able to fix things.  Shut up and go away.  She brings me down and while this place isn’t perfect it’s a decent environment, we take care of our people and that is why I am still here.  I really like it here, sure we all have bad days but every day for her is a bad day.  She will be the first to tell you that she hates her job.  All the more reason for her to dry up and blow away, I mean find a new job.  She won’t be happy their either.  She has something bad to say about every place that she worked.  I think she is one of those eternally unhappy people and there isn’t anything anyone can say, do or pay her that will make her happy.  My life is far too busy with other issues to deal with her BS.  So I sit in my cube and do my job.  I used to take time to stop by but that isn’t happening, if you want me, then you will need to come find me. 

All of this had me thinking about how plastic people seem to gravitate towards me.  You think oh they are my friend and everything is fine for a while, then out of the blue it changes and I see people for who they really are.  Why do people waste their time in pretending?  It just doesn’t make sense to me.  If you like to act then move to Hollywood maybe you can be the next star.  I am looking for true friends who will be with you through thick and thin, sadly I only have a very small number and the number just got smaller. 

I know I am a moody person at times, mostly depends upon what is going on in my life.  However,for the most part unless you ask or I feel that I can confide in you, chances are you will never know that I am having a bad day or that life is out of control.  I know people don’t want to hear someone bitch.  They want to hear funny or good things.  Problem is life doesn’t give you good every day of the week, we all have stormy or rainy days once and a while.  At the end of the day I know who I can truly count on and that helps bring me some comfort. 

So trying to end on a positive note.  My boss will be on vaycay tomorrow and out of the country, 9 working days.  His boss will also be gone part of that time so it will be quiet here and there will hopefully be less stress.  I mean were not breaking out to have a party, it will be a nice break for everyone.  Now on to my next meeting.  Fun stuff.  But it’s what makes the day go by so I can get home to see the children.  I always look forward to that, seeing their faces just warms my heart.  Suits is on tonight so I have that to look forward to.  Hope your day is going well.  Happy Hump Day! 

No comments: