05 June 2015

Whirlwind Day

Things have been hectic today here at the funny farm (aka work).  I have spent a lot of the afternoon obtaining advice regarding my late partners Bankruptcy case.  I really strongly feel that his attorney isn’t going to move forward with filing the motion.  I want to know what kind of liability that subjects me to.  I have been referred to an outside attorney which I have spoken with.  He is going to review the case on Monday and will get back with me.  I am not sure what kind of bill if any this will subject me to, but spend a little money now in order to protect myself from paying a lot of money or worse later – has to be worth every penny.  The case has perplexed many attorneys and most are astounded that I have continued to pay for a dead mans debts.  That just sounds like money that has been thrown away and can’t be recovered.  Knowing that now makes me less likely to resume payment.  I hope to know more next week and hope that there isn’t any risk of liability on my part.  I can’t afford to be sued but I also can’t afford to be homeless either. 

I would call today not a good day but not a bad day either.  My Bluetooth headset broke, which kind of bummed me out.  I can glue it back together.  To be on the safe side since glue doesn’t always work I ordered another one and it will be delivered tomorrow.  That way come Monday I will be in business either way. 

Last night I got two of my new shirts, which look great and the other set of shampoo/conditioner that I ordered.  Tonight I should get the last shirt and the underwear that I ordered.  Then pick up my headset tomorrow and I am done with Amazon for now.  There will of course be another order.

Looking forward to getting my new specs tomorrow and maybe hitting up Sam’s club and quite possibly the buffet.  I haven’t decided just yet.  Right now I just want to be on my way home, looking forward to being able to relax.  I did get my Monitor project out of the way.  That was a little bit of a Cluster.  I almost returned a monitor that wasn’t on the list to be shipped back.  I am going to pull it before I leave for the day and make sure it’s no longer in the return pile. 

I am little more than frazzled with trying to wrap up this last but seemingly overly complicated piece of my late partners life.  I will certainly be much happier once I know that the Bankruptcy deal is done regardless of the disposition of the case.  I just want to know that I am protected and that no one will try to be able to prove otherwise.  Everything is above board I mean I am not trying to hide and I am not hiding the house.  This is a mixture of Bankruptcy and Estate Law.  For which you really need an attorney that knows both ends of the spectrum.  Thankfully the guy I got referred to does know both ends. 

Yesterday a couple of my co-workers chipped in and got me a wooden cross that was engraved with LB’s name.  It was a very kind gesture and it caught me very much by surprise.  It made me start missing him all over.  I am still very thankful for the gift and thankful that I was blessed with knowing, loving and caring for LB.  He was a very special boy.

Okay gang, that it’s.  I have to prep to wrap things up and take what few calls roll in between now and 5pm.  Have a nice weekend and we will talk again soon.

No comments: