02 June 2015

Lucky Day?

Last night the mail brought me my Property Tax bill.  I shuttered as I opened it and in comparing it to last years bill it only went up a few hundred dollars.  I think the BIG boom will be next year.  In looking at my Escrow Account balance there isn’t enough money to cover both the 1st installment of the Property Taxes, which is due next month and to pay for the Property Insurance.  I have a feeling that my house payment will be increasing but I could be wrong and kind of hope that I am.  I forwarded the tax bill on to the mortgage company.  It’s not actually too bad and I could afford to pay cash for the first installment but that is what my house payment is designed to do.  I am sure it will all work out.
I had a medium sized pizza for lunch.  Supper was pie.  I’ve got about 1 slice left and looking forward to polishing that off.  Better for it to be in my belly than for it to be in the trash.  It was by far the quickest supper that I have eaten in a while. 

Bear made his usual Monday mess but this time did it all on a pad.  He is once again in need of a bath.  Considering how adverse he is to water and the bathtub, I did the best I could with very wet paper towels.  Poor guy he just hates clean up when it’s rough.  But if you rub between his legs and up in the shoulder area of his back legs, he just loves that.  I hate cleaning him up as much as he hates having it done, but it’s necessary.  I will be giving him another round tonight and hopefully that will leave him all fresh.  Hours after the cleanup was done, he had to pee so I broke out a special pad for him.  He went on it and then started growling.  I don’t know what that was all about.  It’s only the 3rd time in his lifetime that I have heard him growl.  He’s got a great disposition and the vet can pretty much do anything they want to him w/o any type of fight.  Just couldn’t ask for a better well mannered cat.  His brother is almost the same in that he doesn’t growl or hiss.

I woke up this morning and went to turn over, I heard snap, crackle and pop it felt good but also hurt a little bit.  I wasn’t feeling the best.  It would have been a good day to stay in bed but I started thinking about everything that I had going on today and decided better to come on in.  I have a vendor coming for starters.

I should have an Amazon order delivered today so that will be something good to look forward to.  Funny thing is I think I am ahead and then situations crop up after I have spent the money on other things.  It’s like I am being punished for treating myself.  Just hate when that happens.  If it’s not a bill at home it’s something with the cats.  Just one of the never ending battles of life. 
Found a new very short series called Don’t Quit Your Gay Job.  It’s on HERE and apparently they have a free preview going on now.  It’s about 2 guys who show you what’s involved in various different jobs.  First episode was then driving a city bus, wow that looks way more complicated than one would think.  Second episode is pole dancing.  I saw part of it and then had to go to sleep.  I am looking forward finishing the series over the course of the next few days. 
Monday’s crappy gloomy cold weather day is done.  Now we start to get back to the oven and the sunshine, which will be nice.  Shame that I am trapped inside.  Ah well I guess I will just enjoy it on the ride home.  Speaking of the commute, this mornings drive was a breeze.  I think that a lot of people are on vacation.  I wish that every commute would be that smooth.

So I checked into this Windows 10 Upgrade.  Turns out it’s a free upgrade and the software is yours for free.  From what I read it sounds like there isn’t going to be a time limit, like 1 year and then they start charging you.  It’s just free.  Now that could be a special case for me since I just got both of my machines last year.  I am not sure how it will work for the rest of the world.  I am searching for details.  I registered to reserve my copie(s) but that doesn’t mean that I will upgrade right away.  Despite it’s flaws I am fairly happy with Windows 8.1 and it’s by far the most stable version of Windows that I have ever seen.
Last night I got desperate again and decided to jump back on Tinder.  Despite having removed them from my Facebook security they still remembered who I was and held on to my profile.  So it wasn’t like I had to start over.  Kind of nice but also scary.  I have found a few guys that are of interest, but no matches yet.  Not sure how long I will stick with it. 

Over the last few days I have noticed a lot of hammering and racket here at work.  Sound like they are in the ceiling working on things.  This morning I heard it right above me.  I thought for sure someone was going to fall through the ceiling but thankfully that didn’t happen.  Nor do I want it to happen.
Ah well that is all I know as of now.  With the great commute, I got a nice parking spot and just kind of hoped that it would be my lucky day.  Here’s to it being a lucky day.  On that note, cheers I will talk with you all again soon. 

1 comment:

Jude said...

I've got Windows 8.1 too and I'm looking forward to 10. :)

We are getting rain!! I'm so happy as we really need it!

Have a great week!