26 June 2015

Day 2 of 2– Vacation

Today was a little less expensive than yesterday, but I still managed to spend money.

The truck got it’s service.  The upsell was the Fuel Filter.  $100.42 total with the oil change.  Not terrible but a little more than I wanted to spend.  Funny thing is it’s been 3 years since it’s been in for service.  They said back then he had a massive oil leak and they needed to remove the engine in order to replace some seals.  Today they told me everything was fine, nothing major found.  Now all I did was take it to an Instant Oil Change place a few times.  I think what they saw back then was the Power Steering which had a massive leak and they fixed and I paid for.  This was while he was still alive.  So all set in the vehicle department.

I realized that my extended warranty probably covered that belt tensioner part.  Turns out I was right.  I got to call in and now have $93 coming back to me.  Better than nothing. 

Made it to therapy.  It was a little bit of an emotional session.  My therapist is encouraging me to let my fears go and step outside my comfort zone and go looking for a man.  At the very least go to pride over the weekend.

Picked up momma’s prescription.  Fetched the mail.  Got my ears lowered and my shirt soaked (no extra charge for the shirt soaking).  Came home took a nap.  Woke up a few hours later.  Did my battle with AT&T, waiting for results.  I had to file a complaint with the Office of the President.  Then I went to the local place I hit up last weekend.  Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf was calling my name.  Got a much larger portion of meatloaf.  Less potatoes.  Had Chocolate Crème Brule for desert.  Left once again feeling like a beached whale, but at least I was able to smile about it. 

On to pick up pussy cat food and hit up Lowe’s for Water Softener Salt.  It’s been 2 years since I last filled up the softener.  Normally with the 2 of us it would be about every 6 months.  Salt is cheap.  2 40 pound bags for $8.48.

I’ve accomplished most everything that I wanted to do, with the exception of having fun.  It would be so much better to have fun with someone, rather than having fun alone.  By fun I don’t mean sex.  I mean going to the movies, going shopping or simply getting away.  I could jump in the car and head to a motel and treat myself to a Jacuzzi and a night away from home, while it sounds nice it would be a complete waste of money for me.  Then I could stop in and have some Pie for breakfast.  I do want to get away and will probably hit up the buffet tomorrow, at least it’s in my plans. 

Oh best news for last.  I checked on the Bankruptcy case before I started this post.  The Trustee has entered a motion and they do not oppose the hardship discharge.  That means that I am much more likely to get it.  The Court looks more favorable at the recommendation of the Trustee.  I don’t know yet if creditors will file any objections but I am certainly more optimistic now than I was yesterday.  Had I known this information yesterday I very may well have purchased a new car.

I am sure that unless you were hiding under a rock that you know that SOCTUS has ruled in Marriage Equality and same sex marriage is legal in all 50 States.  That’s very good news, now all I have to do is find a man to marry. 

Cheers to the weekend!  2 more days of resting to prepare myself to go back to work on Monday.  Not looking forward to that but it seems like it’s a million miles away right now.  I know it will be here pretty fast.  Enjoy your weekend and I am sure there will be at least one if not two more updates before Monday.  Talk with you all again soon!

1 comment:

Jude said...

So proud of the U.S.A. right now!!! :D