12 March 2013

Wicked Day

So I am back in the office.  I walked into a storm.  3 people hit me with issues and 1 of them was my boss.  My boss told me all about his problem and he was angry, I think he just hates technology problems.  So he tells me his problem, then says he wants it fixed, wants to know why it’s happening and he doesn’t have time to give me his machine now.  Okay, so when exactly did you want me to fix your problem?  I mean I think he wants me to do it tonight after he has left or some how preform magic, but that’s not going to happen.  I’m going to wait until later in the week once he leaves the office for the weekend and then I will tackle it.  It’s one of those thins that if something goes wrong you really want to be next to the machine.  It also doesn’t help that his machine isn’t rebooted on a regular basis and Windows Updates are not applied on a regular basis.  His machine downloads them and them prompts him to install, but he never does.  I was asked to set it up that way because he had problems getting into his machine remotely.

I wasn’t here but 15 minutes and I was ready to go back home.  It was difficult to get myself out of the house.  Now that the afternoon is here, I am glad I came in and got back to “normal”. 

Projects, deadlines, people quitting and all sorts of stuff is flying my way.  Then I find out that our building is turning the power off in May for a part of a weekend.  There goes that weekend.  I will have to power everything off and then come back over and power it all back on.  Hope like hell everything works and there are no problems.  But that is a couple months away, thank God!

I’m just itching to get the hell out of here today.  Thankfully we are closer now than we were this morning at 6:20 when I rolled out of bed.  Jumper and Big Boy are great Alarm Clocks.  They come with a snooze button, you just say not now and they stop.  Unless it’s urgent then either you listen or you get to clean up the mess. 

Well back to it my inbox is over flowing.  Take care and I will talk with you peeps later.

1 comment:

Jude said...

Yuk, I can see why you're not looking forward to that weekend in May. Too bad you couldn't just set up a big generator, LOL

Happy Hump Day!