27 March 2013

Day 2

So all went well last night, until 2am when I was woken from a deep sleep by the telephone.  My partner said he needed me.  I came in and he wanted to tell me that he had an accident.  Okay it’s the middle of the night, what did you want me to do?  He said go back to bed.  So I did. I didn’t really sleep well.

I could have pushed it but decided to stay home another day.  I mean I have the time and well staying home or going in – either way I will be working.  I was able to get a couple extra hours sleep but come 10am the phone woke me up and it was work.

Today was busier than yesterday.  I had one urgent request the rest of the stuff could have waited until I got back, but I didn’t put anyone off and took care of everyone.  One lady did the machine gun on me.  She called for one problem and then suddenly had a list of 5 more problems that she wanted me to fix.  I wasn’t too happy about that.  I like to have all the cards on the table and be prepared but it doesn’t always work that way.

Shy Girl got sick again.  I had to give her treats for breakfast because she wouldn’t eat.  I knew something was wrong and by the afternoon she got it out of her system.  She is back to eating and I have her on her favorite Forta-Flora, she loves that stuff.  It is a pro biotic for cats that will help put the good bacteria back in her gut.  Everyone else hates it but she actually dances when she sees me wiggle the pouch and say Forta-Flora.

There was plenty of laundry to do, but most of it dried and figuring he will just do the same thing tonight, I elected to wait.  He is telling me now that it hurts to pee.  I told him the medicine that you are taking isn’t working.  You need to get a different drug.  He is going to call for a doctors appointment tomorrow, I am not exactly sure how he plans on getting there.  I’ve got to talk to him about that.  However, if he feels he can make it on his own, then I don’t have a problem with it.  I will worry about his safety as I do every day.

My plans are to return to the office tomorrow.  I think three days for this would really be pushing it and would probably cause some issues for me.  Besides that I will be asking for a whole week off really soon and don’t want to screw that up.  My boss has no idea I haven’t been there for the past two days because he isn’t able to work or use electronics due to his religion.  I’m sure he will find out soon enough.  Unless the office manager does what she normally does for me and tells me not to worry about it.  If you want to give me extra time off w/o charging me for it, then I am happy to take it.  Just means that I will have even more time to burn next month.

For supper tonight we went to Red Lobster.  I thought it was pushing it a little for my guy but he said he would be fine with it and I know getting out of the house did him a world of good.  It took a little bit to get him in the car and out of the car into the restaurant but we made it.  Racked up a nice bill that I hadn’t planned on.  I always take it easy but he ordered an Appetizer and a Drink from the bar.  Plus one of the most expensive items on the menu.  I’m happy to pay for it but I really wish he would realize that my money is just as tight as his.

Right now I am wired for sound.  Not an ounce of tired in me and I am ready to just keep going.  However, I will be taking some sleeping pills and some Tylenol to help get the sleepy to set in.  Hopefully, it works.  MTV will be airing the season premier of The Real World, should be interesting to watch.  I haven’t seen the previews and know nothing about that cast.  That’s the best way to roll into a new show. 

Today I picked up Big Boy and put him on the couch with me.  He really enjoyed that and when he grew tired of it he jumped down on his own.  That about killed him but he did it any way.  The poor thing is wheezing and I can tell it’s just about time to tap that fluid.  I kind of hate to take him back for a couple reasons, one of which is money and the second of which is fear that they will tell us they can’t help him any more.  I know eventually the good luck we have been having will run out and I am so not looking forward to that. 

With my partner and Big Boy, plus the Jack Ass I have for a boss, is it any wonder why I am on anti-depressants!  I worry about loosing both of my guys (partner & cat) as well as the possibility of loosing my job.  Trying to be brave and hold my head up but the art of acting gets tiresome after a while.  At the end of the day there isn’t a damn thing I can do about any one of these things. 

I just pray that God Almighty will help me through this.  Get my partner back to health.  Let the vet help Big Boy and keep my boss away from me so I don’t have to worry about my job.  Also to bring some new opportunity my way, I am ready to move on.  That place is just so depressing and there is way too much back biting.

Well off to take my pills and try to relax for bed time.  I hope tomorrow is a good day for you, me and my guys.  Take care and be safe.

1 comment:

Jude said...

It's good that you were both able to get out of the house, and yes it sounds like he needs different meds for sure.

I know what you mean, all 3 of your worries are something you have no control over. Like you, I just keep praying.

I hope your day back at work is quiet for you!