07 March 2013

Hacked

So I just got a call from my bank, my debit card has been hacked.  Thankfully they caught it early and it’s only one charge of $46.00, which won’t break me.  I’ve got a new card on the way but until it arrives I am sunk.  Thankfully I have credit cards so there shouldn’t be an issue. 

Twinkle,Twinkle little star I will run you over with my car.  That’s what I’d love to say to the person who got my debit card #.  I don’t use it very often but when I do, it’s all local business nothing on-line.  I feel violated and not in a good way. 

The boss has left the office early today.  I made plans with a friend to grab lunch, good thing the bank called ahead of time because I might have used my debit card to pay.  I am ready to party.

I hear they are installing a buzzer on the front door because they are afraid the guy who they fired is going to come back with a gun.  I guess they shouldn’t have fired him.  Besides that do you think a buzzer will stop a crazy man with a gun.  The doors are all glass so if he is determined he will just break the glass and walk right in, no buzzing needed.  They are going to start locking all the doors, which means we are going to have to carry our keys with us.  I leave mine in my desk, so I am going to try to get an extra key, I don’t think I will have much luck but you never know.

I was browsing the local news to find out the temperature outside and my partners son was on the front page of the webpage.  They showed him doing his job as an EMT taking some dude to the hospital after an explosion.  I haven’t seen him in years but outside of getting bigger – bulking up he hasn’t changed much.  Wish he would repair the relationship with his father before it’s too late.  I have no idea why they don’t talk but we suspect that it’s over our sexuality.  I guess he’d have a small cow if he found out we were “married'”. 

I got bothered last night for something trivial but the person who called me after hours made it sound like a major big deal.  Then they told me how much of a good job I do and that they appreciated me.  Yeah, if only that were true.  I am talking about the appreciation part, I already knew I did a good job.  Not full of my self at all.  I always strive to put my best foot forward, who wouldn’t?  This is the same person who loves to ask me to do things and after I bust my ass they take all of the credit.  I fucking hate that.  I mean I know it’s dog eat dog, but they couldn’t do half of the shit I do and then to have the balls to take credit for it. 

I am interested to know how much of a raise I am going to get and what kind of review I will receive.  I know I deserve a hell of a lot more than I am making but I am just thankful to have a job.  No matter where you work, you will always think you are under paid and want more money, that is just a part of being human. 

This week has been so chill that I could easily get used to this.  I actually looked forward to coming to work this morning.  I will look forward to it again tomorrow as well because the grand pubah won’t be here.  I am waiting on a couple people to get back to me and then I will have plenty of work to do. 

Well it’s almost time to leave for lunch, so I guess I should wrap this up.  Talk with you peeps later.  Guard your jewels or someone might just steal them!

1 comment:

Jude said...

That sucks about your debit card! And I hope the guy that was fired doesn't come back, gun or not.

When do you get your review and raise? Good luck!