So I made it back to work. Didn't miss a thing! I was able to put the final touches on my PC and have moved into it. It's nice and fast, which are two good qualities for a machine to have. I will repurpose my old machine, update the inventory and life will go on.
I called my partner's doctor this morning and explained that the medicine he is on isn't working. I asked them to call something else in to the pharmacy for him. Nothing there as of yet. I will be checking again in a bit before I leave for the day.
I went to remote in to my home pc and apparently the UPS died again. The machine has been off for 9 plus hours. I got a 20% off coupon for Office Max and I am going by there to pick up a new one so that this doesn't happen again. It's nice to be able to goof off during the day but being in IT there is a legit reason to have a connection to a machine outside of your network for testing purposes.
Today has been quiet, which is really good news. I can't believe the balls people have around here two people asked me "where have you been". Are you kidding me, your not my boss why do you care? I was nice and explained it to them but I didn't have to.
As I suspected I am only getting charged for 1 day off, even though I took 2. Pretty nice. Now I have 8.5 days to burn between now and May. I will be scheduling vacation next week. Hopefully there won't be a problem. I won't be going anywhere that I know of. I just scheduled Big Boy's vet trip for next Wednesday evening. That will suck but I think it's getting to the critical point and I don't want to wait until it's too late.
I found out today that we will be closing the office early tomorrow for Easter. Kind of odd when you think that our owners are Jewish. Hey I will take it though. I figure it will be a good time to get a hair cut and surprise my partner by showing up early. I'm not telling him in advance so it will be a surprise. I am also not packing lunch so I will be hungry and we can get an early start to our weekend.
I had plans to meet up with a friend for lunch tomorrow but since we are closing early, no sense in doing that. We moved it to next week, so I have something to look forward to.
Well that is about it from here. I will talk with you peeps later.
1 comment:
I hope all goes well with Big Boy's appointment with the Vet. Stressful times. :(
Happy Easter my friend, have a great weekend!
Post a Comment