28 March 2013

Back 2 Work

So I made it back to work.  Didn't miss a thing!  I was able to put the final touches on my PC and have moved into it.  It's nice and fast, which are two good qualities for a machine to have.  I will repurpose my old machine, update the inventory and life will go on. 

I called my partner's doctor this morning and explained that the medicine he is on isn't working.  I asked them to call something else in to the pharmacy for him.  Nothing there as of yet.  I will be checking again in a bit before I leave for the day. 

I went to remote in to my home pc and apparently the UPS died again.  The machine has been off for 9 plus hours.  I got a 20% off coupon for Office Max and I am going by there to pick up a new one so that this doesn't happen again. It's nice to be able to goof off during the day but being in IT there is a legit reason to have a connection to a machine outside of your network for testing purposes. 

Today has been quiet, which is really good news.  I can't believe the balls people have around here two people asked me "where have you been".  Are you kidding me, your not my boss why do you care?  I was nice and explained it to them but I didn't have to.

As I suspected I am only getting charged for 1 day off, even though I took 2.  Pretty nice.  Now I have 8.5 days to burn between now and May.  I will be scheduling vacation next week.  Hopefully there won't be a problem.  I won't be going anywhere that I know of.  I just scheduled Big Boy's vet trip for next Wednesday evening.  That will suck but I think it's getting to the critical point and I don't want to wait until it's too late. 

I found out today that we will be closing the office early tomorrow for Easter.  Kind of odd when you think that our owners are Jewish.  Hey I will take it though.  I figure it will be a good time to get a hair cut and surprise my partner by showing up early.  I'm not telling him in advance so it will be a surprise.  I am also not packing lunch so I will be hungry and we can get an early start to our weekend. 

I had plans to meet up with a friend for lunch tomorrow but since we are closing early, no sense in doing that.  We moved it to next week, so I have something to look forward to. 

Well that is about it from here.  I will talk with you peeps later. 

1 comment:

Jude said...

I hope all goes well with Big Boy's appointment with the Vet. Stressful times. :(

Happy Easter my friend, have a great weekend!