29 March 2013

Hot & Tired

I could use a nap right about now.  Stuck at work for another hour and a half.  Thank God we are closing early today.  I just hope that there are no after hours crisis. 

When I left this morning I didn’t bother to wake up grumpy.  He was sleeping pretty sound and I know he needed his rest.  He called me at work a couple hours later telling me to hurry home when I could.  He didn’t have the strength to get out of bed.  Yesterday was a horrible day for him.  He slid off the couch on to the floor.  It was difficult but he got himself back up on the couch, which pretty well exhausted him.  I got home and had to help him to the table to eat supper.  Then help him with getting to bed.  He sounded pretty good last night but this morning when I talked to him you could hear the fear & weakness in his voice.  He is scared and I totally get it.  I am not exactly sure how he will get better but I think that he needs to eat 3 square meals a day, as well as rest and take his medicine.  Everything else and I do mean everything can wait. 

My plans for this afternoon are to call the haircut place when I am close to see what the wait time is and if it’s not too long I will get my hairs cut.  Then to home and hopefully we are able to go out for pizza.  If not, I will go get it and bring it home.  I’d rather eat in and I think getting out in the sunshine to make some vitamin D would be good for him.

I really want to go straight home but I also need some ME time, this week has pretty well revolved around him.  He is still wondering when I am throwing up my hands and calling it quits.  As much of a pain in the ass that he is, I won’t be leaving.  We said until death do us part and I plan on holding up my end of those words.  It was hard to say them and it will be even harder to part.  Hopefully that day is a long way from today.  I know each day brings us closer to that point, but it’s not just us, it’s everyone we are all born to die.  Kind of sucks!

After this week I kind of see how my brother feels taking care of our mother.  He can’t do anything or go anywhere, other than work.  I haven’t talked with either of them in a while.  Perhaps we will reconnect over the weekend.

As I suspected, the UPS at home failed.  I got a new one and got $20 off, so not a bad deal.  Shame that the old unit is no longer covered under warranty.  I’ve managed to revive it and am testing it with no load on it to see if it blows again.  Not exactly sure what I am going to do with the old one, but it would be nice to getting it working, then it will be easier to solve the problem.

I’ve got this gnawing at me about Big Boy.  I am afraid of loosing him before his appointment.  Next Wednesday can’t get here fast enough.  I am paying extra close attention to him.  I think I am just over cautious but better to be that way for nothing than to be caught off guard.  Poor guy he never hurt a fly, it’s just a shame that this whole fluid thing happened to him. 

Such an exciting life I have, I hope your keeping up because I find it difficult at times.  This week has sucked.  I do hope next week is better and I don’t mean April Fools either. 

I’ve figured out my dilemma on how I am going to use my vacation, now I just have to get it approved.  Need to take the car in for service.  It might also be time for tires.  I really hope not but last time I got a warning that they were starting to fail.  That is another expensive repair that I could do without right now.  Hopefully, they are still good.  However, they sat for 2 years with very little activity, I am so surprised they didn’t dry rot.  It was also easy to keep my car clean then.  So I will be asking for approval next week, I do not anticipate any problems – hopefully I am right about that. 

Well we are an hour away from quitting time.  Guess I should wrap this up, so you don’t have to listen to me blather on.  Take care, be safe and Happy Easter.  I will talk with you peeps later.

1 comment:

Jude said...

It sure was a crappy week for you, and I hope things start to turn a little less stressful for you over this long weekend.

Taking care of someone who is failing in health is VERY taxing. We want to do it, we wouldn't have it any other way, but it is so very hard on us. I admire you for this, my friend.

Hopefully Big Boy will be okay until his Vet appointment and that he'll be doing better after that too.

Hang in there, I'm praying for you!