31 January 2016

It’s offical I’m Sick

Woke up several times this morning to use the bathroom.  I felt okay except for my head.  At one point my throat was normal but that didn’t last long.  It’s now as red and raw as fresh meat from the supermarket.  The children got me up at 7a.  Once I blew my nose I knew that I was sick and this is a Sinus Infection.  NOT FUN!!  So it’s Sunday how does one get medicine?  Simple use technology to your advantage.  I powered up my iPhone and opened the Doctor On Demand app.  It’s $40 to talk with a doc for 15 minutes and I remember I had a coupon so I got $10 off.  Not too shabby.  I got an antibiotic called into my local pharmacy.  I went to breakfast and kept checking my phone eventually the script showed up as pending to be filled.  I felt my stomach grumbling which wasn’t a good sign but I pressed on to the grocery store.  I grabbed all of the items I needed and some that were just wants.  Then I headed for the bathroom and damn it was in use already.  Now it’s time to get through the checkout and get home.  Nope, I made it through the checkout but needed to hit up the pharmacy so I did that and then it was a mad dash to the house.  I am glad that episode is behind me. 

I put away all of the groceries and poured myself a glass of Pineapple Orange Juice.  I also loaded up on Steroids in the hopes that I will actually feel like working tomorrow.  They are kicking my ass like normal and I am peeing my guts out.  I also took 2 pills of the antibiotic in the hopes to get this infection under control.  If I wake up and feel like I did this morning I am only going back to bed.  I would however rather not miss work if possible.  I am not a fan of taking unscheduled time off, even though I am fairly certain that my boss would understand.  We shall see what tomorrow brings.  Meanwhile I found 50 Shades of Grey on Showtime, so I fired that up.  Man that is a hot movie.  I didn’t get aroused but it had my full attention and I had planned on taking a nap but that movie kept me awake.  I finally hit pause and turned the TV off, I will finish it in a little while.  I closed my eyes but Insty wanted me to feed her and the others lunch so I eventually complied. 

Down to do laundry and play on the computer.  I have been working for three hours on a Word Document about my medical history.  It has tables in it and we don’t exactly get along.  However, I finally have perfected the document and it’s saved.  I actually took the time to look up the brand name for all of the generics I take.  The only person that sees that is my dentist twice a year.  Otherwise, I have no reason to show it to anyone.  I have a copy in my wallet just in case.  I also have a free service from a local hosptial that will print a medical card for you to carry.  I logged in there to update my information and my password expired.  Since hackers are more clever I use password vaults to generate secure passwords.  I got the password changed but didn’t realize until after I had logged out that the new password didn’t save.  I had to call tech support and they were having problems.  It will be tomorow before I am able to get my password reset.  UGH!  I wasn’t happy about that, especially since part of my job invovles resetting passwords.  I knew exactly how the guy on the phone felt.

One of the many items I picked up at the store was a Taco Pizza, it looks good.  I am going to have it for supper.  But first time for a nice hot shave, shower and then jumping into some sweatpants and a shirt.  I am feeling cold so probably time for some Ibuprofen.  Then to put away the laundry and feed the children.  Then I can do whatever I want for the rest of the evening.  I am looking forward to going to bed and getting some sleep.  I still have to trim Marvin, Momma and Gators claws that won’t be fun.  I just hope that my nose and throat calm down so that I can actually sleep.  I will be taking extra sleeping medicine as usual.

When will the fun ever cease?  Right now I feel like I should be pushing up daiseys.  Ah well another day in the life.  Here is hoping that this is an awesome week and I actually feel human again soon.  It’s been like Spring here over the weekend, we are slated to go back into the deep freeze tomorow.  Ying yang tempratures along with my short hair are a surefire way to get me ill.  I get overly confidence and skip wearing a hat.  However, I really think this is a result of the massage I got, I proabbly didn’t drink as much water as I should have.  Well off to see about that shower and pizza.  Talk with you all again soon.

1 comment:

Jude said...

Feel better soon!