14 January 2016

Troubles will come … troubles will go

Bear is still in trouble with his urinary issue.  He has made some improvement but I really need to hear from the vet.  I called last night and was told that the doctor had the day off.  Okay, so she was supposed to call me today.  I just called and heard that she hasn’t looked at messages yet and she doesn’t get back from lunch until 2:30p.  They might be giving me a call back this afternoon.  Trust me if you don’t call me by the time I go home, then I will be in the office – this is a serious matter and if I have to get more agressive I will.  Anything for my any of my kids.  At least this morning he was waiting for me.  He has slowed down in eating and is a little bit more picky but he loves water.  I am thinking he is dehydrated for sure.  I just want him to go back to normal using the pads and me throwing them away.

Momma’s issue I think is still on going.  I haven’t followed through with the extra medicine since it made her slobber.  I am taking a wait and see approach with her.  While her issue too is serious Bear’s is by far more severe. 

I did get my additional receiver yesterday and hooked it up with minimal trouble.  I went to plug in the TV downstairs and of course it was plugged into an extension cord that Blu peed all over.  The plug actually has corosion on it.  The TV is older so I am going to take what used to be my late partners flat screen and bring it down to my office.  I mean it’s mine now, might as well get some use out of it.  It’s got a built in DVD Player but all that means is that it will be a vampire device and suck electricity even when not in use.  It’s nice being able to watch TV downstairs primarily in the event of a storm.  I am unsure how long I will keep the additional receiver, it’s only $9 a month but still that is money I could use elsewhere. 

On my way home last night and I see flashing lights behind me, they are approaching with speed.  I moved aside and then they decided to move aside.  The person that I was behind didn’t know what to do and freaked out when I moved back into my lane.  I almost had a wreck.  Why is it that doing the right thing always seems to be the wrong thing for me to do? 

This morning traffic was at an all time low.  2 accidents and I had five minutes to spare to make it in.  Not the way I wanted to start my morning.  Then once I am in it’s helter skelter and it takes me about an hour before I was actually able to sit down at my desk and get a sip of water and relax but only for a couple moments.  Today has been busy but now that we are in the afternoon I suspect things will slow down and I will have to endure a hellish few hours. 

I’d love nothing more than to get a couple of comforting phone calls, not sure if it will happen but I can still hope.  At least tomororw is Friday and we have a 3 day weekend thanks to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.  I look forward to laying on the couch and taking a nap with gator and momma – doing nothing for as long as I want and what I want when I want, not being on a set schedule.  I have routines but they don’t always get followed to the T.  Life happens.  The weather here warmed up but were going back to the deep freeze for the weekend.  I say bring on some snow and lets all stay inside toasty warm – cancel a day out of life, it won’t be the end of the world.

Happy Thursday!

No comments: