15 January 2016

Drugs cost money

I’ve spent $100 this week on cat medicine.  Picked up Bear’s stuff last night and started him on it.  I should have read the label on the antibiotic closer than what I did.  I thought it was 1 tablet 2 times a day.  It’s break the tablet in half and then 1/2 now and next half in 12 hours.  So he got 400mg in one dose.  He was still alive this morning.  I am honestly worried that this bladder thing is going to take him out, I mean he won’t actually die from it but I will be forced to make a decision again.  I really hope that isn’t the case.  Male cats are the ones who primairily have bladder/urinary issues.  I really hope that the antibiotic does the trick and he is peeing normal again within a day or two.  The pain medicine I hope helps him as well, I am sure it’s not pleasant.  He also has diahrea and I had to bathe him last night, which was not a fun experience for either of us.  I almost got rear pawed in the face with claws.  Thankfully I avoided that or my face would have been shredded like the pork I had for supper last night.

Everyone else seems to be doing okay.  I am keeping an eye on them.  Marv started out sleeping with me but he had to be with his brother so I let him out.  They hang together quite often.  I think Marv is Bear’s moral support.  The good news in all of this is that everyone is still eating.  They may eat less or when they want to instead of when I want them to but they are still piling in the food, which is a super good sign. Water is in high demand also and I am fine with that. 

So we had a warm up to spring like temps and now we are in the deep freeze again.  Temps are falling now and by the time we go home it should be coat, hat and glove weather.  Not what I look forward to but it is that time of year. 

I am eager to go home to be with the children and to be able to relax and unwind from what has been a hell of a week.  I got to sit in more traffic last night on the way home, thought it was a good idea to fill the tank while it was on my mind, otherwise I’d proabbly be stuck in traffic this morning and run out of gas.  Turns out traffic was heavy but I made it in at my normal time and there wouldn’t have been a gas issue.  I just freak out when the needle starts getting closer to E.  Gas prices here are crazy one day super low the next day expensive and the following day a little cheaper but nothing crazy cheap.  I think it will be that way for a while, so long as I get in on the super cheap days I am fine with that. 

Have a great weekend and I shall talk with you again soon. 

No comments: