18 January 2016

Bleeding

Bear is passing blood now.  I thought I saw it mixed in with his urine but I was standing next to him and he just let go and he was peeing straight blood.  It’s scary but I figure common given his condition.  I put a call into the vet.  The secretary told me to come over so they could draw blood and get a urine sample.  I told her money is tight and while I want to keep him alive, right now I need to know if he is in immediate danger and if it’s common to pass blood with his condition.  She said the vet would call me back within 2 hours.  Yeah it’s been 2 1/2 and no phone call.  I don’t think she will be calling me, at least not tonight. 

I am going upstairs to check on him, pass out treats and depending upon what I see I may call again or I may let it go.  He seems normal to me.  Although I did find him and Marv together and they were holding paws.  I don’t know if he was telling Marv he is on his way out or if it was just hey I feel like crap, help me. 

Bottom line is I know he is going to die someday, we all are.  I don’t want to hasten his death and I don’t want him to suffer.  My reaction depends upon what I observe.  Right now I am concerned.  I pray that he makes it through this and that we never have to experience it again.  This is hell not only for me but I am sure for him. 

1 comment:

Jude said...

:( I hope he will be okay!