05 August 2015

Sail Away

I’d like to sail away.  Yesterday afternoon I got a call from my boss and it’s wasn’t a happy conversation.  Ever since then I have been depressed.  It took the wind out of my sail.  The gist of the call was that I closed a ticket because the user asked me to, we found a workaround.  That isn’t acceptable we aren’t in the workaround business, we are in the business of finding solutions.  The conversation just didn’t set well with me at all, plus she said that she was disappointed in me.  That is what had the biggest impact on me.  I feel like I failed when I know I didn’t.  While it’s important to find a solution to the problem, it’s also important to cater to your end users wishes.  It’s like you have 2 bosses and they are each telling you to do something different.  You can only please one of them but yet you still try to please both.  Holy cow. 

I was thinking of having Fajita’s but opted for Corn Dogs instead.  They were really good and I had a Blueberry Muffin for desert.  Then the more I thought about the events of the day I had to have ice cream so I got some Vanilla Bean out, pretty good.  Too bad it went straight to my hips. 

All is well in the cat kingdom, they still have me stepping and fetching for them, catering to every whim and desire. Well short and sweet today.  Hope all is well in your world.

No comments: