21 August 2015

Fry day

I figured I would continue the tradition and be different by spelling it Fry day.  Yesterday was busy and there wasn’t quite as much catch up work to do as I thought there would be.  I was kept occupied and that help pass the time.  It didn’t help that I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn’t go back to sleep for a couple hours.  I was working on about 6 hours sleep yesterday.  I proved to myself that if you push yourself you can accomplish most anything.  When my head hit the pillow last night at 10p I was out light a light.  Marvin woke me up because he wanted out of the room.  I let him out and it was good night.  The alarm clock woke me this morning and that is a rare event.  I was very nauseated yesterday and after my massage the feeling went away but the closer we got to supper time the feeling came back.  I was perplexed at what to eat.  I looked for Chicken Soup but the one can I have said reduced sodium and that is gross so I went with BBQ.  No problems at all.  I think it was mixing my vitamin with the steroids that caused the issue.  This morning I took the vitamin much later and so far were all good. 

My mom called last night and started telling me about how my brother is going to get married, she is going to a nursing home and the world in general is falling apart around her.  It’s always something with her and she can’t remember that she told you so she tells you fifty times.  Just like when she thought she was going to jail.  It’s the disease more than anything.  She told me that she was lonely.  Then she asked about getting together on Saturday to grab a bite to eat.  Not exactly how I planned to spend my weekend but I will probably give in and we will wind up at The Olive Garden.  I really wanted to get away for a couple hours.  Taking her with me would not be a wise idea, I would be too tempted to push her out of the car as it was moving.  Sort of like a real life throw momma from the train.  She drives me nuts.  I learned that she had yet another fall.  This time she fell on top of the TV.  It’s a flat screen and apparently she did some damage to it.  While she didn’t break any bones, she is sore and bruised.  Then she tells me that the TV isn’t working too good.  Gee I wonder why?  If the Michelin Man fell on top of me, I don’t think I would be working so good either. 

The furry children are all doing okay (knocks on wood).  They still have their sibling rivalry moments.  Mostly it’s over food, if it’s not that then it’s who’s getting attention.  They do keep life interesting.  Marvin and his stomach are at odds again.  I got a pill down him this morning and I have extra laundry to do this weekend.  Poor guy he hates the medicine but he also hates not having it.  He still has the chewing on my fingers obsession.  I bet he would get over that if I loaded my fingers with Siracha.  That would be evil and cruel and I wouldn’t do that to him, but I have thought about it. 

I watched a documentary about the website College Boys Live, it’s on Amazon and part of Prime.  I found it to be interesting but it showed how they live their life on camera.  They are expected to chat every night, be naked for at least the last 30 minutes of the chat time and to either go to school or get a job.  Pretty strict rules but they have no rent to pay, no grocery bills to pay and they live in Florida.  I mean it’s kind of a bitter sweet deal.  I also saw how kids that had family problems were easily attracted to this.  There was drama and fighting in the film.  I don’t like chat rooms or cam sites, they seem to attract trouble.  However, I did browse to the site yesterday and they are still up and running.  That was not a surprise. 

I watched a documentary that I had to pay for about Jason & DeMarco.  They are Gay Christian Singers.  They have some nice music and Jason I think is pretty hot.  I looked them up last night and they are now married with two children.  Still doing tours but unfortunately not coming anywhere close to me.  I wouldn’t mind seeing them, even though I don’t like all of their songs.  They do deliver a good message.  There is plenty of material on You Tube if your interested.  I thought last night I was going to be hearing a song and then found myself in the middle of a sermon, which I wasn’t in the mood to listen to. 

Very thankful for streaming movies and content.  I don’t like to pay for a lot but I do give in if I am truly that interested.  Recently I have discovered that most of the stuff you have to pay for has a trailer, so you can watch the trailer before you buy and know if it’s something you want to get involved with.  That has saved me a lot of money.  I don’t have the tenacity to write Amazon to say I thought the movie sucked and I want my money back.  I am sure they might give in once or twice but outside of that it would get to be old hat quickly. 

Today appears to be what most Friday’s are peaceful, relaxing and calm.  Low stress and easy going.  That is just the calm before Monday gets here.  Then we start the circle all over again.  Until next Friday when things finally settle down.  Support comes in waves, just like life there are peaks and valleys.  You have to enjoy the good and endure the bad. 

One of my co-workers just called me and said that she got screwed at home yesterday.  I was like okay.  No she said you don’t understand I got screwed at home yesterday.  Now I am thinking she is about to tell me all about sex with her husband but no she said that she answered a support call from Dell and they connected to her machine.  Yeah, they planted something on the machine.  She knew it wasn’t real but she went along with it.  Yeah, I told her they will also do the same thing with Microsoft.  Bottom line here is that Dell, Microsoft or any other company won’t call you and tell you that your system has problems or it hacked into their system or whatever lame excuse they use.  Best bet is to just hang up on them or you could tell them you don’t own a computer, that will put them at a loss for words quickly.  Since I know my way around, I would be tempted to run them in circles just to frustrate them in the hopes that they would hang up.  I mean I deal with people that don’t know their way around all day long and I would love to hang up on a bunch of them.  So I am pretty sure my theory would work.  What a way to start a conversation …. I got screwed at home yesterday.  Really?  Do tell.  I was just stunned and at a loss for words, which doesn’t happen too often.

I have found myself more and more interjecting humor into my life into conversations just to be a wise guy.  Then it hit me people who use humor to what I consider excess are often in a lot of pain.  Which I am in some pain but it’s better to laugh than to cry.  I don’t want to open up to everyone but there is some pain it’s mostly the lack of companionship.  I’d love to tell the highlights of my story but I’d be fooling myself if I thought that everyone cared to hear it.  You would get the perfunctory I am sorry response and people would move on.  That’s like the other day someone asked me how I was doing and I started to tell them, they stopped me and said they really didn’t care they were just being polite in asking.  Don’t ask a question if you don’t want an answer.  I mean that is the whole part of asking a question, to seek information or to gather knowledge.  Duh!

Amazon has notified me that Big Boy’s pee pads are at the post office ready for pickup.  How exciting, I get to pick up a package tomorrow.  There is probably a note in my box that says see clerk.  I wonder who this c. clerk person is, I walk in and ask for him or her but they are never there.  See what I mean about humor.  At least I am not asking for Seymour Butts or Willie Fister or the list goes on and on. 

Have a great weekend!

No comments: