23 August 2015

New Format

I’ve been thinking about changing things up here for a while and today I finally did it!  I hope that you like the changes.  Blogger has a lot of templates to chose from and that is what made the task difficult.  I like this but that looks better and oh what about this.  Paralyzed by choice once again. 

One of the things I took away is referral links.  The YouTube links didn’t do me any good, it was just pure advertisement for those people/channels I find of interest.  It would have been nice to get a link back, a mention in a video or something, but it didn’t happen.  Blogs seem to be going by the wayside.  I still have a list of regular reads in my bookmarks but I don’t visit them that often.  A lot has changed with time.  You have the advent of Social Media and then YouTube and presto people flock to the next big thing.  As for me, blogging does a lot for me and I still get enjoyment from it so I see no reason to stop.  If it becomes a chore then I will rethink my position.

Most of the drama is gone from my life, the ups and downs with my late partner.  Things are leveling off and life is returning to a boredom state.  Still you stop by to take a glimpse into my world, so there is another reason why I enjoy doing this.  My hope is that I will be able to tell you all about the guy I am dating, when that happens and how my life will change once I reach that point.  Until then it’s just business as usual.

I am on the downward spiral with the steroids.  Tomorrow is my last day.  I can feel some of the effects I had before coming back.  Hopefully things will smooth out and there won’t be any problems.  I really hate taking sick time.  It’s boring and nothing gets accomplished. 

Today is the BIG day for the cats.  I get the vacuum cleaner out and it’s claw trimming day.  I guess they will all sleep good tonight.  Let’s just hope the same applies to me and that no one gets injured in the process. 

Did all of the running – breakfast, grocery store and gas station.  Wow such excitement for a Sunday.  Not looking forward to next weekend, the week shouldn’t be bad.  I noticed last week there was a couple of 2am calls but outside of that all was quiet.  I just hope that I luck out and things are quiet.  I hope that every time I am on-call. 

I could use a nice Winter day about now.  A little snow but cold.  I don’t know why but I am ready for Winter.  I made that remark to my mom yesterday and she was caught off guard.  I think it’s more of a Pumpkin and Cold Weather craving rather than just Winter. 

There are 2 big bills that are coming due.  One of which is a credit card and won’t be a problem.  The other is Auto Insurance.  I like to pay it off and be done with it but unless I rob my savings account that won’t be possible.  Putting money aside for savings is easy but then trying to survive without it is another task entirely.  I’ve got about $400 extra a month to play with and that will be my car payment when I am brave or dumb enough to sign up for car payments.  My hope is that my next car payment will be around $250 to $330 a month.  I realize $250 is asking for a lot, even with 0% financing.  Still it never hurts or costs anything to dream. 

Something to look forward to after all is said and done today, I look forward to getting all of these whiskers off my face, washing my hair and just being fresh again.  Then some laughs with John Oliver and sweet dreams with Marvin.  Yeah this is the good stuff!

Off to grab an ice cold bottle of water, finish up the laundry, start the dishes and begin the cleaning and claw trimming.  Wish me luck!

Final thought, I have left my comments open much longer than I anticipated I would.  By this I mean anyone can leave a comment.  All comments are moderated, so only the stuff I chose gets published, which ensures confidentiality.  That said, if there is something you’d like for me to write about or questions you have that I can answer, leave them in the comments.  At some point I will return the comments back to being restricted to members of Blogger, so enjoy this while it lasts. 

Happy Sunday.  I hope that it’s a great day for you and all of those around you.  Now let the fur fly here comes Daddy!

1 comment:

Jude said...

I like this one, simple but nice on the eyes. And the font size of this post is easy to read.

Good luck with the claw trimming.... wear armour!