11 September 2015

Friday

Wow it’s been a killer week and today was no exception.  As usual I didn’t want to roll out of bed, but I did.  I woke up a few times during the night.  Headed in and there is a local event in town so the normal way I go had all of the streets blocked off.  Thanks to Siri I found a new way to get to work, it’s quicker and easier.  It’s always good to have options.  Going home shouldn’t be a problem.

The BBQ for lunch was outstanding, it’s already talking back to me.  I found myself surrounded in a room by co-workers.  I noticed that everyone was having conversations, I was in a crowd of people and felt all alone.  I talked a little bit but not a whole lot.  Then after sitting for a while I got up and left.  That was a challenge in it’s self because there was cookies for desert and they were so good.  Now were all trying to work and fighting off the food coma.

I got an email from the boss that were going to have an emergency meeting in 5 minutes.  Holy crap that has never happened.  I figured it was something big… like a change in management, a serious problem.  Nope it was just advance notice that our email addresses are changing next week.  Wow, thanks for the heart attack. 

I remembered after lunch that I needed to go grab my medicine, so I made a mad dash to the pharmacy.  It’s cheaper to have medicine filled at work, because they give discounts that aren’t available to the public.  I got 100 Sudafed tablets for $29, which is a good deal.  It’s way cheaper than if I had it filled at a retail pharmacy, since it is not covered by insurance.  Nice to know where to get a break from. 

We have a new person starting on Monday and her last name has been quite the challenge for me.  I have had quite the time of trying to get her machine named correctly.  Finally I have it.  Her equipment is all setup, just waiting for her drive to finish encrypting and then I have to make sure it’s compliant – then I can finally get this thing off of my desk.  In the middle of setting up her office, I heard she won’t be here officially until Thursday.  That takes off some of the pressure but I like to have everything ready to go on the date of hire, just in case.  It’s been my practice since day 1 and I don’t want to stray from it now. 

As for the weekend, no special plans per say.  I need to pick up momma’s medicine and I may do that tonight or I may put it off until tomorrow.  There is the usual shopping and laundry to take care of.  I have thought about taking a trip but going full bore all week has really worn me out.  I may just stay home and take it easy.  Back to five days next week and that will suck but those are the breaks. 

I hope that you have a great weekend and accomplish what needs to be done as well as having some fun.  Cheers to the weekend!

No comments: