15 July 2015

The Concert

It was a very good time – not worth what I shelled out for the ticket, but a good time. 

Good thing that I planned to get there when the doors opened, because the rest of the city had the same idea.  The line was horrific and it was a nice hot sunny day.  I was baking to death.  Then I heard good news, 21 and over you can enter in the front, no line.  I jumped on that and they were doing pat down searches before they allowed you in.  Of course I decided to bring a small flash light.  The lady (shame I couldn’t get a guy) that was patting me down said I’d like to look at this item.  I told her before I pulled it out that it was a flashlight.  She said okay, don’t shine it during the show.  Presto inside like that. 

Seating was NOT assigned and was all General Admission.  That means it’s a free for all and you get what you get.  The place was packed.  I was able to use the restroom and then decided it would be a good idea to get something to drink to cool down a bit, while I waited for the show to start.  I went up to the bar and they had soda small cup $3.  I was desperate so I said sure.  A couple gulps and that baby was gone.  I nursed it as long as I could. 

I forgot that they put in a 3rd artist at the last minute.  Some group I never heard of called Life of Dillon.  Now I couldn’t exactly understand all of the lyrics of their songs.  The acoustics were a bit off for my perfect hearing, despite the fact that Charlie Puth said they were the best that he has heard, the crew did a good job.  Yeah, okay.  Anyway I wasn’t really into Life of Dillon but the more they played the more I was like, yeah this is some good stuff.  They did a few songs, took a selfie or two and they were done.

Charlie was up next.  The crew was on it changing the stage and getting him out there.  It was a short 10 or 15 minute break that went by like nothing.  Then before you knew it, the guy I came to see was on stage.  I was up in nose bleed heaven but I still could see him like he was next to me.  I wanted to scream but felt that people around me might not get it.  Plus I wanted to tell him to pull up his damn pants.  I am all about seeing certain guys naked but he wasn’t there for that.  He played very well.  He amped up the crowd for the main event, which I could care less about.  He did a new song, which sounded great and it’s something that I have to look forward to hearing again, when it’s released.  One lucky girl handed Charlie her phone and he took a selfie with her.  Damn wish I was that girl, but she was front row and it was people on top of people.  Not exactly my idea of a good time.  I had an idea of jumping on the stage but for fear of hurting myself I didn’t.  Not to mention I would have been kicked out.

When they were tearing down the stage to get ready for Megan the piano that Charlie was playing at was a shell.  It was hollowed out and inside was an electronic keyboard.  They removed the keyboard and then packed up the shell.  I thought that was a hell of an idea who ever thought of that is genius.  If I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes I would have sworn it was a real piano.

Charlie is done and Meghan Trainor came on stage.  I really don’t care much for her.  She did a couple songs that I liked but that was it.  The big finale was All About That Bass and there was a confetti cannon at the end.  I swear that thing just went off like a fountain.  I really wanted to meet Charlie but there was no mention of him meeting fans.  I am sure he probably popped outside and met a couple of lucky people but I didn’t stick around.  I headed back home.  It was around 1:30am when I finally walked in the door.  The children were not happy they had been left alone.  Back to life as normal now – ugh.

I was very thankful that I had yet another day to play and more importantly sleep in.  That was very smart planning on my part.  I asked last night about taking photos, which was fine.  No video but I saw people filming away like crazy.  No one stopped anyone.  People were generally rude -  talking while the performance was going on.  I kept getting bumped into when the drunk lady next to me tried to return to her seat for yet another drink.  People stood up so you couldn’t see the stage.  I could have stood up but then that would have blocked those behind me who were already SRO and I didn’t think that was fair. Plus I got to see most of what I wanted to which was Charlie.  Megan clearly is what drew the crowd.  I saw one girl in front of me a friend kept sending her sexts of her boobs.  This was a teenager and man she could really work the keyboard, I am surprised that her phone didn’t melt in her hands.  Mobile devices were everywhere.  Small cameras but mostly popular was the mobile phone.  I got a couple photos as well, which was nice.  I kept my phone in my pocket for the majority of the show.

Realize it or not this was a very HUGE step for me to take and to do it by myself was quite the accomplishment.  I am very proud. 

Then today I heard Scotty Dynamo’s new song Show Me Yours – damn that’s good too.  Then he confirmed what many people have thought, he’s gay.  That was just awesome.  I like most of his original songs – he knows what he is doing!

Seeing all of these people having fun makes me think about switching jobs.  I am not just saying that to bump my gums.  I’ve thought about it many times, just not sure what I would like to do.  I would like more fun in my life as well as more people.  Positivity is mainly what I am after.  I could use a fat dose of it over a long period of time. 

I took another big step today and joined Twitter.  Yeah it’s kind of new to me.  I had followed some porn stars aka male entertainers and marked my tweets private but then I realized it was like I was hiding, which I was.  So I unfollowed the porn stars and put everything back to being public again.  Scotty Dynamo liked one of my tweets and I heard back from another Male Celeb that I followed.  Kind of nice to get that kind of attention.  Don’t know that I will be tweeting all that much but I figured it was time to get on board, like it or not. 


Gator got me up bright and early but she did let me sleep in for a little bit.  I went out to IHOP for breakfast, ordered way too much food.  Came home and took care of business.

Called the Mortgage company they told me that the insurance company returned their original check so that is why payment was reissued.  I verified they sent it to the right address.  Nothing is showing as of yet and the policy is still pending cancellation.  I reached out to my insurance agent but there wasn’t much he could do.  I think before it’s said and done I will have to shell out the money myself and then try to get someone to reimburse me, which could take time and that could result in interest charges, which I really don’t want to pay.  I have my fingers crossed that the payment will surface and be credited before the end of the week.

I had to drop my watch off at the jewelers last week, they were out of batteries.  I called today and it’s still not ready.  That was Saturday, were on Wednesday.  They told me to call back Friday.  Yeah well I have to work and I won’t be able to pick it up until next Saturday because of the hours they keep.  So I am just waiting for them to call me to say it’s ready.  There shouldn’t be any charge I have paid for 3 years of batteries – it’s like $12 which is damn cheap.  It’s a watch that I wear once and a while – usually at Thanksgiving and that is it.  I’ve thought about wearing it to work but what’s the point if it’s not running.

Checked emails and had 115 for being gone 2 days.  Thankfully most of it was junk and could be deleted.  I have 3 busy days ahead of me, which should pass very fast.  Not sure if they will.  All I know is I look forward to whenever quitting time is on Saturday.  I am not happy at all about working a Saturday. 

Mr. Bear is doing much better, pretty well back to his normal self.  I am still watching him like a hawk, just because I am still concerned.  He is eating like no tomorrow, which works in his favor.  He is using the bathroom but not as much as I would like to see, still there has been plenty of clean up and sponge baths for him.  I make sure that he gets his meds!

Well it’s almost time for Suits and Ice Cream.  Momma is yelling at me for treats and I of course don’t want to give in.  Need to get a few things squared away and then it will be time to prep for Thursday.  It’s a shame I don’t have any more time off planned and something to look forward to.  I mean I need to make that Foot Doctor appointment but I am not looking forward to that.  I want to go on vacation or go to another concert – something entertaining.  Hell who knows I might just venture to the gay bars by myself, dangerous as that sounds. 

How are things in your neck of the woods?  Hope you are all doing well.  I am off to prep for tomorrow and enjoy what little bit of an evening that I have left.  Take care and I will talk with you all again soon. 

No comments: