19 February 2017

Sunday the last day

So it’s the last day before heading back to work for what will be a 4 day week for me.  Looking forward to that and then I am not.  I don’t think my interaction with the car dealer will be the best but everything else that happens on Friday should hopefully be good.

Saw another movie last night called Waffle Street, don’t remember if it was on Amazon or Netflix.  Anyway it was about a guy who screwed over banks got fired and got a job at a Waffle restaurant.  The message I got from this movie is don’t loose sight of the important things in life.  Plus if you want something bad enough, you can’t give up no matter how bad it gets. 

Took in yet another movie this morning/afternoon called Operator.  It’s about a guy who develops an IVR (Interactive Voice Response) these are those annoying machines that answer the phone when you call corporate anywhere and hear the long list of menu options and today instead of pressing buttons you just talk to them in a complete sentence.  Well he used his wife’s voice and eventually fell in love with the machine, he lost sight of his wife and his marriage came crashing down.  It ends on a happy note as they both figured out what they did wrong and get back together.  Interesting movie. 

Saw that Marv had some diarrhea this morning, it was bad.  He’s still eating but I think he could use some fluids.  I tried to give him some once I got home from grocery shopping but between him and the IV bag I think he got a little bit but not much.  I am changing the needle and giving it another go.  I did get some medicine into him and he’ll get more of that tonight.  He is a little dehydrated and if I can build him back up with some fluid and avoid a vet bill, might as well.  It’s at least worth my effort to try, if I fail then he can always go see the doctor.  I want to keep him away from that place if at all possible.  If it’s obvious that my efforts are failing and he is still in trouble then we shall go see them. 

I need to break out the vacuum cleaner and get the trash out.  Put away laundry and fix supper.  The typical Sunday stuff.  I slept in a bit too much with my afternoon nap.  I think tonight is going to be a rough night.  Another unseasonably warm day here and my allergies are very active.  Really wish things would settle down. 

A weekly task that I have is I clean out my email at home.  I saw a note from the credit union my car loan is with and they have an insurance company that claims to save money.  I decided to give them a go.  They redirected me to Esurance which is an Allstate Company.  They will give me like coverage and it’s at least $100 cheaper.  They will reward you with a discount if you pay in full which makes it more attractive.  The downside is that everything is on-line, there is no paper until you print it out.  That’s how they save money.  But I ask myself what do I have to do in order to file a claim, how responsive are they and will they handle my claim as fairly as any other company or will this be something that drags out for a long time.  I have no claim but it’s something to think about when shopping for car insurance.  I am very tempted to switch but still on the fence.  I had Allstate for years, had a claim and they took great care of me.  They got things wrapped up pretty quickly, so I have some prior experience with them.  Still unsure on what to do but time is on my side at the moment. 

So I wonder what is in store for this week.  My team is only fully staffed on Wednesday and Thursday.  Hopefully we won’t have to deal with codes as I call them.  That’s when someone gets an email from an unknown sender, tries to open it not realizing that it contains a virus and then forwards it on to multiple people to try to open.  They do the same thing and before you know it you have a bunch of potentially infected machines.  It creates a lot of work and usually if there is even the slightest amount of doubt we kill the machine and have a fresh one built.  We all have the power to get a machine off the network and that in and of it’s self is an awesome power to have or so I think.  When we have these types of incidents it’s emotionally and physically draining because your amped up trying to work through it and when it’s done, you relax take that deep breath and then your body or at least mine wants sleep and I feel exhausted.  I imagine this is what it’s like for Doctors & Nurses that work in Emergency Rooms particularly Trauma Units.  We work pretty well together.  We have to document like it’s a crime scene so time, action, result plus you have to put in what you said to the person and what they said back to you.  If you don’t do it as you go, playing it all back in your head you will leave something out.  It’s pretty intense the adrenaline rush is what I like the rest of it, not so much. 

Anyway I’ve got a refrigerator/freezer stocked full of food, the gas tank on the car is full and I am ready to take the week on.  I still want to relax and enjoy my Sunday.  Tomorrow morning will be no picnic but once I get moving it will all be okay, always is. 

Not sure if I will have the Chicken, Broccoli, Pasta & Cheese casserole or if I want to put in a pizza.  Both sound really good.  I hate making decisions, choice for the most part seems to paralyze me, depending upon the circumstances.  Momma is squalling at me so I need to get with the program or time will get away from me and I’ll be way behind schedule.  Here we go Sunday! 

I hope you had a nice day and that the weather is pleasant in your neck of the woods.  Come back again soon and read all about what’s going on in my life.  Until then, take care!

No comments: