18 February 2017

Das Weekend

My favorite day is here, Saturday.  Got to sleep in a little bit, ate breakfast out, got my hairs cut, picked up the mail, watched Bleed For This, napped, fed the children multiple times, went out for a bite to eat, shopped for cat food, had quality time with Marv played some indoor soccer and watched a lot of TV.  Those are the highlights from my day.

The mail brought me my Hanz De Fuko sampler kits, which I have been waiting for.  A sample of Shampoo, Conditioner and 3 styling waxes.  One box was $5, they allegedly gave me the second box but oddly shipping was also $5.  I’m happy with what I received thus far, I have yet to try it.  One of the waxes is called Sponge Wax and I already had a sample of that, it’s pretty good if you need or want a firm hold for your style.  I was really hoping they would send some of their pomade.  I bought it simply for a sample of their shampoo and conditioner.  I only use professional products on my hair, but my go to shampoo and conditioner sometimes make my hair feel like straw and I hate that.  So anything that can make my hair soft and add a little bit of shine is all I really want.  When my hair was longer (back in my high school days) I used lots of product, I even went for a haircut once that took an hour.  It was amazing but the cost wasn’t.  I was spoiled as a child and got introduced to professional hair care and as soon as we met, it was love at first sight.  I’ve been hooked from day 1.  Then again is there a gay guy who isn’t obsessed with professional hair care?  I’ll let you know my experience with the products as soon as I have used them. 

I was thrilled to see that Bleed for This was available for rental.  I got it from Amazon but it’s also available on Vudu.  Amazon had a lower price for the SD version.  If your a Miles Teller fan, there is a great shot of his bulge and his butt cheeks.  He’s shirtless for a fair amount of time, I mean this is a movie about a boxer and I don’t know any boxer that wears a shirt.  The only thing I didn’t like is that he had a mustache, that looked like shit on him, just saying.  The story overall echoes my motto of never give up, no matter how much the world and people tell you that it can’t happen, you alone can make it happen if your determined enough.  It was really hard to watch him get the Halo installed and it was worse to watch the bolts come out of his head.  I can’t imagine walking around wearing one of those things.  Regardless of who’s in the movie, the story is a great one and if you like movies with positive outcomes, then take time to see this, it’s worth your time. 

My car decided to do something new last night.  I got in started it and proceeded with the drive home.  It kept pairing constantly with my phone, I couldn’t get the voice prompt, it kept defaulting back to FM Radio and then the screen would connect a phone.  I tried a few things but eventually wound up turning Bluetooth off on my phone.  I rode home in sheer silence with just thoughts playing in my head.  This fucking piece of shit system that was designed, seems to work in most other models of vehicles but it isn’t worth a damn in mine.  When I got home the map was showing me that I was still at work.  I knew I needed to do a master reset to clear it and get it back to normal.  I didn’t want to I wanted to leave it broken so the dealer could see it, but that would mean driving all week long with no music.  That’s not going to happen.  So reluctantly I did the master reset and were back on the straight and narrow.  I will mention this when I take it in on Friday but I suspect they are looking at me like I am a chronic complainer now and that none of my concerns are actually real.  If you can’t get the bugs out, then let’s call this a lemon.  Give me my money back, let me get a different car and we can all reset easier.  However, some how I don’t think that is how this is going to play out.  I really want the problems and the legal side of this to be done.  However, like with most other problems in my life I have to exercise patience. 

Today was a very unseasonably warm day here.  We had a pop up shower but otherwise it was a good day that started out with sunshine but quickly became overcast.  I had thoughts of driving for pie (yep I said pie) but I talked myself out of that idea.  Maybe next weekend after the car is done seeing the doctor and they fix it, then maybe I will go.  The trip isn’t something that I look forward to like I used to.  It doesn’t do anything for me other than make me think why in the world am I driving so far for a meal.  The same goes for the buffet.  That’s why the trips haven’t been happening.  Now if I had a traveling companion that would change things up and make the trips more enjoyable. 

So how are things in your neck of the wood?  What have you been up to lately?  How’s the weather?  Leave a comment and tell me all about it.  Take care and be well. 

No comments: