22 July 2016

Something good for a change

Bear wanted to sleep with me last night, so I carried him into my room.  Then I had to get him food, water and a pee pad.  He was as happy as a pig in mud.  He slept pretty good too. 

This afternoon he was sleeping but was making noise like he was in distress.  He had me worried because he wasn’t responding but after I gave him a good shake he woke up.  He had a confused look on his face but was happy to see everything was normal.

I napped most of the day, waiting for the phone to ring.  Turns out I had to call the car dealer.  The finished up about 2:45 and had someone come get me.  I got another ride in the Lincoln and learned more about it.  It’s just fancy beyond my pocket book.  Blind Spot Warning, Cross Traffic Warning and a backup camera.  It is just amazing.  The guy was telling me get a scaled down model, you might be able to afford that.  I really like the car but I want to sit higher.

So I get my car back, it wasn’t really cooling.  It’s pretty hot outside so I gave it the benefit of the doubt and kept driving.  By the time I was home it was cold.  Not as cold as I like it but it was acceptable.  Parked it in the driveway and then had the fun task of putting my radar detector back in the car.  They buried the cable in the dash to make it extra inconvenient for me.  I actually did a better job ripping it out and starting over.  Eliminated an extra cord.  Then I decided to clean things up, there were fingerprints everywhere and I noticed small trace amounts of blood.  It wasn’t my blood.  It was on both the driver and passenger sides of the car.  I almost took it back and said something about it, but considering that would take away more time, it was easier to just clean it up.  Refilled the windshield washer fluid.  Then went to the expensive car wash.  They did a good job as always and I got to see a cute guy – so not all bad. 

After the car wash I went back to the new place I was at a few weeks back.  I got the same waiter.  I will admit that I went in with a hidden agenda but I wanted to see what kind of burgers they did.  Got a tavern double and it was damn good.  So paid the bill, then waited for my moment.  I caught the waiter alone and I asked him out.  It was awkward as hell but he said he would like that.  So I gave him my number and now I wait for him to call, if he will.  He may have said yes to just be polite, he may have an interest in me, not sure and won’t know unless he calls.  I was so excited that he said yes and that this went well.  Now judging by his looks he can’t be more than 21, perhaps I am wrong.  If he calls and we hit it off, once he finds out how old I am, that will probably freak him out.  I was already at no so I figured I had nothing to loose.  I really hope he calls and this doesn’t turn out like the guy from the pet food store who kept stringing me along. 

On the way home I stopped in a new subdivision, it was much larger than I thought and went on for miles and miles.  I could easily be tempted to move but they have a mixture of homes starting from $150 on up to $400 thousand dollars.  There are a couple homes built and there are plenty of lots for sale.  This is something that me and my late partner used to do.  It’s kind of fun and you escape your world, if only for a few tiny minutes.  Give it a few years and that place will be jumping. 

Now wouldn’t you know that I just washed the car and a bird decided to go to the bathroom on it.  At least it didn’t rain, but with my luck that will happen tomorrow.  I stopped at the pharmacy to pick up the medicine for Bear.  They told me it was $42 and I paid, then I saw there weren’t that many pills in the bottle so I was a little concerned.  I talked with the pharmacist and they looked but no other prescriptions for my big boy.  Turns out if they would have filled it, the cost would be $130 – they are going to reach out to the vet and get the large prescription on file, then when I need it, I just call and tell them how many I want.  They will fill it piece meal until I exhaust the prescription, kind of nice.  I want to get the supplement in him and have him take that instead of these pills to see how we do.  All they are is a muscle relaxer and they make it easier for him to go, but there are still crystals forming until he gets on the supplement, which is in the mail on it’s way to me.  Can’t get here fast enough. 

Bears is doing well all things considered.  He is going to the bathroom but he goes a little here, then a lot, then he’s done.  When it’s time to go again, we go through the same thing.  So long as he is going and continues to go we should be good.

So that’s how I spent my Friday.  Now on for the weekend.  Back to work on Monday for training 2 days.  Think I will have the same instructor as last time, so this will be a huge waste of time again.  However, I am going in with an open mind – if it turns out we are headed down a bad path, I will reach out to my boss for direction.  I think the product is so damn complicated that even a MENSA member couldn’t understand it, but that is just my opinion. 

Hope the sun is shining in your world, not too hot, not too cold – just right.  That your problems and troubles are few.  Come back to find out how my world is going.  If you were a fan of the HBO Series Looking.  The finale movie that we were promised is airing tomorrow night on HBO.  I had the DVR all set and figured out I was recording the Spanish version, that would have been a disaster.  Glad I caught it and was able to fix it.  Looking forward to it.  Love me some Jonathan Groff and there is supposed to be some steamy sex scenes, I say bring it on I am more than ready!

No comments: