17 July 2016

Growling Cats

Friday was the last day that I will be boss free for a while.  He comes back on Monday.  It was an okay day and I got a lot accomplished.  I pushed my way through a course about our firewall, I was eager to print the certificate of completion.  However, I looked everywhere for it and it was no where to be found.  I saw it at the beginning and they allowed me to print it then, it displayed in PDF format.  I didn’t save it or print it because I felt it was cheating because I hadn’t taken the course.  I really wanted it so that I could show it to my boss, plus it would give me another piece of paper to hang in my cube.  Something to be proud of and motivate me further.  I will go looking to see if I can print it tomorrow but I don’t have my hopes up.

Saturday I woke up not feeling the best.  I had a massage on Thursday and was left with another lump in my traps, this one hurt like hell.  I worked it over pretty good on Friday night and suspect that is the reason why I woke up feeling like crap.  I went about my normal routine and came home and collapsed – nap time.  Woke up and felt a little bit better but not by much.  I wanted to go see a movie but kept putting it off, finally talked myself out of it.  I did grab a bite to eat at Cracker Barrel.  Ran into the realtor that sold us the house and we chatted for a bit.  He gave me a new card, because he changed companies.  It was nice to give him the update that everything is settled and the mortgage is now in my name.  It was a proud moment for me and I love being able to tell people that I was successful.  Given the complications at the time I am sure that a lot of people had serious doubts if I would win, hell I even had doubts but I knew I was going to give it a fighting chance because I don’t quit.

I wound up the evening by watching a new video on Netflix called Tony Robbins, I am not your guru.  I haven’t finished the whole thing but it’s really good.  If your looking for something to watch, I highly suggest it. 

As I started I heard this growling sound.  I figured that Bear & Ruth or Momma were about to throw down.  Everyone’s ears perked up, I wasn’t sure what that was about.  I paused the TV and listened.  I could clearly hear two cats going at it.  Thankfully it was outside.  However, Bear was growling and that is the second time in his life that I have heard that.  It’s so out of character for him.  I was semi worried that he would turn on me but I still approached him and tried to comfort him, he knew who I was and treated me as he normally does.  I looked outside but I didn’t see anything.  Everyone was on edge and growling.  I even came downstairs to find Ruth on top of the couch and she was all pissed off, but I was able to pet her.  I looked around because sometimes animals slip into the window wells but I couldn’t see a damn thing.  I headed back upstairs only to hear Bear growling still.  He moved towards the stairs.  I sat with him for a few minutes and that purr motor turned on but as soon as I left it stopped.  He was really upset.  I didn’t know what else to do but I told everyone they were safe and went back to watching TV.  Eventually everyone calmed down.

Sunday – Went about my usual morning routine.  I feel much better today.  I really pounded the water yesterday, I was peeing all the time.  I figured that maybe I just needed a good flush, apparently it worked.  My sinuses are still a little wonky but nothing that is unmanageable at this point.  Came home from the store, put everything away and decided that I am going to the movies today.  Never done that on a Sunday.  It’s always been my day of rest and to hang out at the house.  However, the laundry is pretty well done.  I still have to vacuum and take out the trash but there isn’t any reason why I shouldn’t go enjoy myself and have a good time.

What am I going to see?  Mike & Dave need wedding dates.  Love me some Zach Effron.  I hear that the movie is super funny and he makes several shirtless appearances so what is not to be entertained by.  This is a gay mans film or so it sounds. 

Disturbed to get an alert to hear there was yet another shooting and there are a couple of police officers injured.  I have a serious admiration for Law Enforcement.  I wanted to be a cop but my allergy to bullets kept me away, plus there is a lot of physical activity.  Could you imagine an out of shape donut eater chasing after a suspect.  I’d be winded before I ever got started.  The bad guy would get away, unless I could do a go go gadget helicopter and suddenly sprout wings and an engine to fly and catch the SOB.  Sort of like in the movie Inspector Gadget. 

Well I am doing a great job of passing time here and need to go check on laundry and go sit with the muffins for a bit because soon it will be time to leave.  The theater is just across the street.  It would do my body wonders to walk there and back but I am lazy and will drive it.  AC is mandatory for me in this weather.  I’d be a dripping hot mess by the time I got there.  Then again no one would want to sit next to me, that might be a good thing. 

A couple more things then I am going to scoot.  First, seeing the realtor made me wonder about my moms house and so I checked, sure enough it’s in foreclosure.  We live in a state that you have to file a law suit in order to foreclose.  I saw the amount was $20 thousand dollars and thought wow what a shame.  Second, I went to Sam’s yesterday and found the bakery.  Big mistake.  I got some Otis Spunkmeyer Muffins.  Love, Love the Chocolate, Chocolate Chip.  It’s like the best chocolate cake ever – warm it up in the microwave and have it with ice cream.  Only one thing would make it better and that is if there were cherries in it.  Had to pick up a gallon of milk today because I can’t eat a muffin like that without milk.  The other two flavors Blueberry and Banana Nut I will be able to take to work and have in my lunch.  Now I might just be making Sam’s runs for muffins alone.  Funny thing is I went in for paper towels and came out $76 dollars poorer when it should have only been $20.  Cats got some food, picked up a couple things for the house as well.

Hope all is well in your neighborhood and that your doing well.  Take care.

No comments: