06 January 2013

Sunday

The dreaded Sunday, day before you have to go back to work.  It’s difficult if you have been on vacation or in my case out sick for 2 days.  I enjoy time away from work, but I just don’t seem to get enough of it to satisfy me.  I think tomorrow will suck, but I won’t know for sure until it gets here.  I’m preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. 

Laundry here is all backed up.  My partners bladder has been working overtime and just when I think I’m done, nope I have something else to wash.  He is very frustrated because we can’t even go out for a simple meal with him having an accident.  I’m sick of it and I know he is too.  However, he says what can I do the doctor doesn’t want to do anything about it.  I told him be more forceful or if push comes to shove let me talk to them.  He is afraid that he will be told to get a new doctor.  I have a tendency to speak my mind and I throw the f bomb for some extra good measure.  Yeah, that will get your doctor to tell you to move on real quick.  However, if they aren’t working for you maybe they need a kick in the ass – I’m the person who will give it to them. 

Today we slept in until 11 then got going.  Cracker Barrel for breakfast.  Home by 1 and then to the grocery store and out for pizza at 4 and back by 7.  That’s the entire day. 

I did find something really cool.  I downloaded the Roku App from the Apple App Store and now I can control my Roku box through my iPhone.  The trick is both your Apple I device and your Roku box need to be connected to the same wireless network.  Then it just works.  How cool is that!  The better part is it’s free.  I don’t believe in paying for apps, at least not with my money.  Besides that there are all sorts of free apps that do lots of things.  You might have to put up with an ad, but big deal.

Last night hearing nothing from Otter Box, I decided to email my photos again.  I resized one of them because they demand 3 photos.  That did the trick.  I got an e-mail from them this morning that a replacement will be on the way to me within 7 business days.  Okay.  So the first time this happened I gave them my work address, which is a physical address, they sent the item by the Post Office.  This time I gave them a Post Office Box and they are sending the item by FedEx.  I don’t get it.  Unless they are using FedEx Smart Post – that would work.  It’s a service where the package starts out with FedEx, they deliver it to your local Post Office and then the Post Office takes it from there.  I won’t have a tracking number until it ships.  That is when I will be able to tell if there will be a problem or not. 

Talking with my partner about my trip.  He is suggesting that I fly out on Sunday.  I really don’t want to but it would give me an extra day, since the 1st day is always wasted on travel.  I would be able to spring into action come Monday morning  He also suggests not returning home until Saturday.  Yeah, that one I’m not going to do.  I will ask about the Sunday travel part but it’s totally up to the company.  The more I think of it I may actually be able to pull this job off if they give me that extra day.

Well it’s time to cycle laundry.  Brush my teeth and get ready for bed.  Wind down time.  I sure hope I sleep extra good tonight because I think I will need everything my body has to offer tomorrow.  Good night and I will talk with you peeps later. 

1 comment:

Jude said...

I hope your hubby tells his doctor that he would like a resolution to his issue, and I hope the doc comes through for him.

I agree, there isn't "enough" time for days off LOL! I've been off for 2 weeks and going back today. I get to the point where I get depressed the last couple of days off just thinking about going back. And it's not like I hate my job, I'm just tired of having to be at a job.... does that make sense?