14 January 2013

Alive & Ready to go home

This trip started off bad.  The plane I was supposed to board, had of all things a flat tire.  That screwed up my connection flight, so I had to make other arrangements.  Finally got to my destination only to find they ran out of Impala’s so I am stuck in a Jeep.  It took me 5 minutes to figure out how to get the key out of the ignition.  Push in then turn and remove the key.  The trip from the airport to my hotel was much longer than I anticipated.  I didn’t get in until 10pm and Taco Bell was my supper.

I ate and went to bed.  Woke up in the middle of the night with heart burn but went back to sleep. 

Woke up this morning only to find that my iPhone didn’t charge overnight, the cable is bad.  Then I knocked off the shower head, thankfully after my shower was done. 

Drove to the facility this morning.  Got lucky and the wifi in this place is done.  Now I am disinfecting computers – everything seems to have viruses.  I didn’t get lunch and was supposed to leave at 4.  Stayed until 5:30.  Drove for an hour to get back to hotel in the pouring rain.  Ate at Shoney’s, which was horrible.  Now in hotel.  Called home all is well. 

I am on Central Time but it’s Eastern Time here.  So while it feels like 7:30 it’s really 8:30.  TV sucks.  Going to get wet and then get in bed for the night. 

Taking my time in the morning since my main reason for being here is done.  Will no doubt have a long day tomorrow.  Hopefully I can find some good food. 

Talk with you peeps later!  I sure hope the rain stops.

1 comment:

Jude said...

I guess it can happen but I don't recall ever hearing "my plane had a flat tire" before!

I'm glad everything on the job went relatively smoothly, but it sounds to me like you need a good meal. Hopefully today you can find and hit up a favourite restaurant.

Glad to hear all is well at home, now to get everything finished up and head back home soon!