03 January 2013

Sick

I had a personal body issue yesterday at work.  That should have been my clue to go home, but I stayed and toughed it out.  It was one of those things that if your around other people they would figure it out quickly, but thankfully I get to sit in my office all day.  I got a call from one of the people I work with and quickly remoted into their computer to help them vs. coming over.  Thank God for technology.

Then I stood waiting at Walgreens for a 1/2 hour having to go to the bathroom, while they worked out some issue with my insurance.  I knew about it in advance so I was prepared but never thought I would have to go to the bathroom.  They don’t have public restrooms at Walgreens.  However, I have a suspicion that if you asked the right person they might let you use the restroom the employees use.  Again I toughed it out.

I got home and was ready to collapse.  I had supper which was Super Spicy (on accident) Tacos.  They were damn good though.  I took my first dose of medicine and noticed the antibiotics looked different.  I didn’t think anything of it.

As usual I was up all night long using the restroom, the steroids do that to you.  This morning I looked at the bottle of antibiotics and to my dismay they were something different.  I was instantly worried about being allergic but I have had two doses and nothing has shown up, so I figure I am safe or so I hope. 

I stayed home today.  It was Purchase Order Problem day.  Every problem but one had to do with the PO system I am in charge of.  I fixed everything pretty quick.  However, I was wishing that I had my laptop here.  I had to run up and down the steps several times. 

Much to my surprise my boss seem to understand.  I mean this was the first time I have ever stayed home sick an entire day in 8 months.  Not a bad track record if you ask me. 

There isn’t much going on tomorrow, I haven’t decided if I am going to tough it out or stay home.  My partner wants me to go back to work because he says calling in always leads to bad things.  Meaning that I will loose my job.  Heck, it’s a right to work state they don’t need cause or a reason, they can simply fire you.  Not fair but it’s common place in a non-union job. 

I know I have a couple machines to install.  I’m thinking go in for the morning.  Take off after lunch, install the machines and then go home early.  Sounds nice.  I know my problem child machine is probably waiting for me.  I’m sure it’s going to kick my ass but I look forward to the challenge. 

Right now I feel pretty good, but it’s the roids.  My neck is still killing me and that is usually the first place I feel it then boom like a hammer it hits me.  This time it was my nose running like an ocean.  Plus I’m hot and cold, again the roids.  Hungry, yep the roids.  I’ve slept most of the day away.  Kind of worried that I won’t be sleepy tonight.

If I don’t get sleep then I won’t be working tomorrow.  Simple as that.  Besides it’s Friday and even though I might not be there physically I’ve got my phone so I really never get a day off.  Yup, remember my crazy vacation.  I wish I would have turned the damn thing off or left it at the office.  Vacation means that you get time away from the office and don’t have to work.

Well, the clock is turning close to 9.  I need to at least make an attempt to go to bed, even though it is the last place I want to be, considering that I have spent pretty much my entire day there.  However, Jumper is happy!  Big Boy not so much, he snuck in and hid under the foot rest when I got up I hit him with it on accident because I never knew he was there. It was bad enough to do it once but I did it twice before it sunk in there isn’t a problem with the chair there is a cat in the way.  I apologized but he really didn’t want to hear it.  Going to reward him now with treats, the favorite part of the day for them!  Talk with you peeps later. 

1 comment:

Jude said...

Oh damn there's nothing worse than needing a bathroom and not being able to get to one!

I'm sorry you're feeling so poorly and I hope it will be much better tomorrow.

Take care of you!