23 January 2013

Our America - Kink

Last night I watched a show on OWN called Our America with Lisa Ling and she discussed Kink.  Otherwise known as BDSM.  It was an interesting hour and I actually learned a little bit.  This was sex in the straight community, she never mentioned Gay BDSM.  Kind of a surprise.

One guy figured out that he was engaging in this type of sex because he was abused as a child and was reliving his childhood through sex.  In most cases there are no exchange of bodily fluids.  The submissive gets their pleasure from being dominated.  I’m not sure how that works.

Giving up control is a big thing.  However, if you think about it you do it when you fly.  Your putting your life in the pilots hands and if something goes wrong there isn’t much you can do.  I realized that when I was flying and perhaps that is part of the reason why it was so scary for me. 

I’m the type of person who likes to be in control of my life as much as possible.  Trusting others is HUGE for me because people have screwed me over so much.  Not to say that I don’t trust but you have to prove yourself to me and I have to get to know you.  Then and only then can I trust.

I was abused as a child.  It was physical and some mental abuse.  I know my fathers name but never met the man.  I think part of that helped form my sexuality.  While I am not full into BDSM it’s interesting to watch.  I know what I like and what I would like to try.  Everyone, including me has their boundaries. 

So if your interested check your local listings as they say for when the show will repeat.  No doubt it will be shown again. 

Gotta get back to the final stretch of work and then it’s home for Chili and Relaxation or so I hope!  Talk with you peeps later.

No comments: