05 January 2013

On the mend

Well the Roids are doing their job.  I feel much better.  I only hope that my symptoms don’t come back!  I’ve got 2 days left of Roids and then I will be on my own.  Antibiotics will last for a couple more days.

My partner got a note from his doctor today telling him his Vitamin D was very low, plus that he had a bladder infection.  There was an antibiotic waiting at the pharmacy.  We got that yesterday night.  I told him to start taking it before we knew what it was for. 

We went out for BBQ today.  Then Ice Cream and finally stopped off for Cat Litter.  Then back to our germ filled house.  I have spent way too much time here over the past few days but it has felt really good.

Tomorrow is my last day of rest and relaxation.  I’ve got to prepare to get back in the swing of things.  This week will probably be busy.  The following week I will be traveling.  So not looking forward to that.  However, hopefully everything works out.  All I can do is try my best and pray that everything falls in to place and that I don’t get snowed in!

Since there isn’t much on TV, I’ve been watching The Real World via Hulu Plus.  I saw all of London, California and now I am working on DC.  It’s so hard to believe this so has been on the air for such a very long time.  I saw bits and pieces of season 1, might try to watch that next since it would pretty much all be new to me.  I’ve seen most every season and still watch the new episodes when they come out today.  I see a common theme, drama.  It’s all usually some disagreement either between roommates over trivial stuff, over how they are living their lives or because of something they did.  Most of it is childish but it does make for good TV.

Grocery Store is on the list for tomorrow, plus laundry and wrangling the trash.  You know all of the usual Sunday stuff.

Today I had such big plans but I woke up at 8:30 am by a siren passing by.  Have no idea what was going on.  Fed the cats, came back to my chair started watching TV then got sleepy and passed out.  Woke up a couple hours later, watched more TV.  Saw my partner talked a bit.  Watched more TV then I passed out.  It was like 1:30 pm before we got going. 

I’ve tamed some of the trash and started on some of the laundry.  Right now my body is getting tired, plus I’m sitting in front of this box, called a computer.  The thought of going back to work is just depressing, however sooner or later I have to do it.  So might as well get it over with.  I guess if I didn’t have pending travel then I wouldn’t mind so much.  Plus I checked my bank and found out that with the new taxes in effect I will be taking home $41 less.  That wasn’t very nice to learn but better now than when I am at crunch time paying bills.  Which I have already done!  Just one left that’s the phone bill but it won’t be ready until sometime this week, so I will keep an eye out for it. 

Would you believe I went almost an entire week without cat pee in my bathroom.  Well that ended this morning.  In protest to my sleeping in the little guy went in the tub and turned on the living room TV.  Normally the volume is set to high so it wakes me up, but we fixed that when we are done with the TV the volume goes to 0 and that way the jokes on him.  I marvel at how intelligent the little balls of fur really are.  Well off to enjoy what’s left of Saturday night.  Talk with you peeps later!

1 comment:

Jude said...

I'm happy to hear you're feeling a bit better, and hopefully it will stay that way!

Although I keep reminding myself I'm fortunate to have my job, I am still SO DEPRESSED that I have to go back tomorrow. Seriously, at almost 61 I am so done and just want to be able to retire. I wish I could afford to. :-/

I hope your week is a good one Jer!