05 December 2016

Made it to Monday

So here we are again off at the races.  Had a good night with the kids watching Shameless and then wrapping the place up for the night.  Morning came around too quickly as per usual.  It didn’t help that my sleeping medicine didn’t kick in until 11p but all things considered I am doing okay. 

Got going this morning with not too much effort and managed to leave early.  I knew that I would have to sit in traffic and even though I have a cushion in my commute I like to arrive at work early.  It all worked out just fine.  Much like the parking garage at work, traffic was a mess.  Giving some thought tonight or one night this week, to pointing my car in a different direction tonight and then asking the navigation system for direction to home.  Not sure if it will save me in commute time but it will make for an interesting ride home.  There are several different ways I can get home but the problem is that I only know a couple of them.  It pays to know your options, especially when traveling.  I think the best method for getting to and from work would be to fly by helicopter, but not sure that I will ever experience that in my lifetime. 

Speaking of work, one of my co-workers mentioned that she thought she was going to die today.  She got in one of the elevators and it started to go up and then abruptly fell, like there was no cable and no brakes.  It stopped for a moment and then fell all the way back down to the first floor.  Those things are supposed to have brakes on them so that if the cable snaps the brakes engage and your safe.  Apparently something went awry.  Now I know what elevator not to get on.  I suspect they will have it looked at or so I hope.  While you can’t necessarily pick your fate, I would like to not die in an elevator. 

Outside of the elevator issue, it’s a calm but busy day here.  As for me personally I am bored but I know that my boredom is only short lived.  Usually something crops up and there goes the day.  I am really shocked that it’s lunch time already.

Looking forward to going home and having the rest of the Chicken & Broccoli Pasta Bake.  It’s so good.  Right now I know I have a minor mess to clean up in the hallway, noticed it just as it was time to walk out the door.  Why do I bother to clean if it’s only going to get dirty again?  Cats I love them but they sure are a lot of work.  Unless there is something else that comes up, I plan on parking on the couch and finding something to occupy my time until it’s time to call it a night. 

20 more days until Christmas.  My psycho co-worker is trying to see if she can get a jump on who’s leaving so we can prepare instead of having to scramble at the last minute.  There is a huge opportunity for me to work overtime and why not make some additional money, it can’t hurt me. 

Now it’s time to work my way back to the fun and try to stay awake once the food coma tries to kick in.  I hope your having a decent Monday and that your staying warm.  Loving my seat warmers on a cold morning, they are truly a great convenience feature.  Take care and we will talk again soon.

No comments: