06 December 2016

Chili Tonight

In checking my cabinet I found a can of Steak N Shake Chili that I am going to have tonight.  It doesn’t expire until late next year and I am glad I found it.  I also have some Queso so I’ll be having that as well with chips.  I’ve been thinking about this all day long and can’t wait to dive in.  It’s cold outside and after a long day at work I like an easy meal, this will be perfect. 

I have been tormented with Psychotic dreams.  Like last night I was with a foreign family, there was some war and then we got into a transporter machine.  So one minute I am in the USA and then I walk through this maze and find myself in another country.  Everything was fine until I got separated from the family and I kept going from place to place.  I couldn’t find anyone that spoke English.  Time went by quickly.  I remember managing to get to a phone and call my brother of all people.  So much time had passed that I was presumed dead. I remember calling and talking with him, I kept trying to think of a way to authenticate who I was.  He didn’t believe that it was me, he thought it was some kind of a joke.  I described in detail a funny situation that happened when we were growing up, he believed me then but I woke up with a Charlie Horse.  I went back to sleep and had an even more bizarre dream that I don’t remember.  I wonder if I should find a Psychiatrist and schedule an appointment?  Not sure what all of this means but these are terrifying dreams, once I am awake everything is fine and I am glad it was only a dream.  Something freaky is going on upstairs in the old noodle but I have no idea what it is. 

So the witch I work with is out for 2 days and will be out for 2 days next week.  The danger for me is that something urgent will crop up and I will have to take care of it.  Depending upon what that is I may or may not have enough training to complete the task.  She wants me to text her if there is a problem.  No way in hell that is going to happen.  Funny thing is she is all buddy, buddy now and acts like nothing ever happened between us.  I am professional and I am putting on an act as well but I keep my distance and try to keep all of our communications in written form.  I don’t trust her even a little bit.  I did some digging and found out from several other people that she has flipped out on them as well.  Seems like she gets really close to you and then she wigs and freaks out.  Very strange person and I am glad I am not her.  She is super smart.  I think that she needs to be on medicine and that she is bipolar.  Its either that or the lack of getting laid that has toasted her brain.  She could use a good romp and that might put a smile on her face.  I really wish that things wouldn’t have gone awry with us but they did, twice.  I can’t and won’t forget it, unless my memory is wiped.  I would like to soak up all of the knowledge she has to offer and then cut ties, but that won’t happen.  Were stuck in working together at least for the foreseeable future so I have to play along, otherwise I won’t be a team player and that will have a negative impact.  I just hate being so fake when I’d really like to be real but that would easily get me fired.  I know that I made my point and that she has offended me.  There has been no apology at all.  She hinted today that she will be sending Christmas cookies out.  Great the trash can at my desk is waiting for them.  I’m not putting them in my mouth for all I know she mixed up the skinny and sweat and put in rat poison because the boxes look the same except for the skeleton and cross bones on the rat poison. 

On my way to work this morning I noticed the navigation system somehow had North set incorrectly so it looked like I was traveling backwards and sideways at times.  Found the fix when I got to work.  I did exactly what I said and used the system to find a new way home last night.  In my mess of pressing buttons I probably touched something that I wasn’t supposed to.  Going to use the system again tonight and go the same way.  It shaved about 30 minutes of sitting and waiting so I got home at 6:30 instead of 7p, which is much better.  Being on call the quicker I can get home the better prepared I am.  Even though nothing usually comes in, when your tied up it’s like someone somewhere senses it and that is when a catastrophe occurs.  I try to avoid those as much as possible.  Had one last night.  I put in a request for a person to get a new access card.  It was delivered to him before I had the number.  I had to jump in the system and get the number added otherwise the new card would have been useless to him.  He actually damaged his old card and I think he should be charged but were kind and as long as you have the old card there is no charge.  Loose it or get it stolen and then your out some money.  Fees vary depending upon the type of badge and that is governed by location.  In my office the replacement is $25 and it comes directly out of your check, unless you can recover the old badge before the end of the month.  Funny thing is someone had their purse stolen over the weekend and their card was in there.  I feel bad for them because I feel like it wasn’t their fault.  Theft I think should be no charge but if you think about it everyone would say they were robbed in order to avoid paying a fee.  Those few are the ones who spoil it for the rest of us. 

Had some Bear time last night, he demanded it.  He is one heavy cat.  I think I could use him in place of weights and get quite the workout, not sure if he or his stomach would be up for that.  Sunday night he fell asleep with his head resting on my leg.  His sister came over for a back scratch and wouldn’t take no for an answer so I woke him up by moving.  I hated to do that.  I remember when I was nursing him back to health he would sleep on me and would just be so relaxed, you can very clearly tell there is total and complete trust on his part.  I am humbled and honored that I can bring that kind of comfort and ease to my big boy.  His mom acts similarly and she knows that I am her savior.  She is so thankful for that.  I am sure that she wishes those children of hers would leave but I think truth be told she gave up on that idea years ago.  Animals they sure are something!

Well about time to wrap up and head out for the day.  Time to get my chili.  I’ll have to set a reminder to change my voice mail in the morning.  Hi thanks for calling, I had chili last night I’ll be in and out all day, please leave a message.  That would be certain to get a reaction but I know better even though it would be funny, business has no room for any type of emotion because it’s just business, I can’t help that I have a personality. 

Stay warm, be safe and you know it, we will talk again soon.

No comments: