25 September 2016

Life is like a video game

Life is like a video game

My friend who’s wife had surgery a few weeks ago to remove cancerous tumors and have a full hysterectomy called last night.  His wife is back in the hospital.  She had an abscess in her abdomen.  They put her in the hospital and did surgery yesterday.  She has an open wound now with a wound vac.  I just watched a YouTube video on this.  Looks a like an Ostomy but it doesn’t involve bodily waste.  The video said make sure your patient is medicated before you being.  Just as they said that you hear the patient say pain medicine please.  The lady just kept going.  It look super uncomfortable.

So they are still trying to sort things out and figure what type of cancer she has and they were all set to visit an Oncologist and this happened, so that is a set back for them.  She had issues with eating and swallowing as well as a low grade fever.  I believe fully that this abscess is the reason why and that once she begins to heal, her appetite will come back and there won’t be anymore issues with eating.  At least I hope so. 

I wouldn’t say that she is near death but she is a little closer than when she started.  Right now I still have hope that things will have a pleasant outcome.  My opinion will change as this situation progresses and I am updated. 

Right now my friend is just beside himself and doesn’t quite know how to deal with all of this.  You have to do it one day at a time.  This is a life changing event and will alter your normal routines and schedules for quite sometime.  He doesn’t do well under pressure and this doesn’t help things.  He has some pressure from work in meeting a compliance deadline. 

I totally understand what he is dealing with as I have been down a slightly similar road before.  You can’t help but think the worst because it just seems like it’s just one thing after another.  I have been telling them both to let me know if I can be of any help.  I send cards and words of encouragement to her.

Today I thought about it and though he needs some words of encouragement as well.  So the photo at the top of this post is a copy of a card that I bought for him.  There is a lot of truth to it.  The latter half about win takes time to get to and in some cases it just doesn’t happen at all.  He is a computer geek like myself and he loves video games so this should be spot on and hopefully cause him to smile. 

That is kind deed number one for the day.  Kind deed number two was helping a cashier at the grocery store.  She was in a tizzy about facebook and said that she got some confirmation number when she signed in.  Sounds like she has adware, she is using her phone to access the site.  I wrote down instructions for clearing her cache and also told her to download a free security app for IOS called Lookout which is available in the app store.  It will let her know if she has any problems with the phone.  As I left the store I kept thinking about this and realize that first I could make money off of her by offering tech support but I really don’t want to go down that rabbit hole.  But I didn’t ask her if she was using the app, she told me that the only way she could get to it was to go in via Safari.  I don’t know why but I never thought of telling her that she should delete the app and download it fresh as it could be corrupt.  Viruses typically don’t target IOS but malicious actors are getting more crafty as the days go by.  I told her most anything you want to do, there is a video for it on You Tube.  She told me that her son wouldn’t help her at all.  I said you don’t need him, you need You Tube.  Watch a video, learn and then fix your own problem.  She told me that she fixed an AC unit by putting in a new thermostat from a YT video.  Pretty cool.

As I drove away from the grocery store I just felt so good that I was able to help someone.  I didn’t ask for money and there wasn’t anything in it for me.  I just hate to see people struggle with technology and I love to help people.  Sure I have to make money in order to support myself but this is just proof that you can take your skills and use them for good.  Try it with something that you have mastered, it will make you feel warm all over.  Who cares if you get something out of it in terms of money, good karma, a step closer to heaven.  Just do it and the reward you get is that good feeling that lasts, plus you will be able to reflect on that memory in the future. 

Ah so now I get to play ketchup.  Laundry is going.  Dishes were done last night.  Have to go back out to get a problem fixed with a rubber stamp that I had made, then get some fuel for the car.  After that I am truly home for the rest of the day.  Bear needs his bath and there is still a house to clean.  Plenty to do and plenty of time to do it.  I just hope that I am successful in my quest.  Of course if I keep pecking away here I will never get done.  So upward and onward.  Would you believe me if I told you I have yet to have one caramel roll or slice of pie?  It’s totally 100% true, but I am going to work on changing that by sundown today. 

Have an awesome Sunday and rest up because Monday will be calling all of us soon enough.  Yuk!  I guess the sooner we get the week started the sooner it will be over with and then we can have a weekend again.  Hard to believe next week end will mark the first week in October.  This year has really taken off and I am sure the remaining months will fly by equally as fast. Talk with you all again soon.

No comments: