23 May 2016

Nailed it

I made it to bet at a semi-reasonable hour.  I didn’t get to finish all of the TV that I wanted to but hey it’s waiting for me on the DVR.  Woke up this morning to the sound of the alarm clock.  It didn’t feel odd like I thought it would and I didn’t have the feeling like I wanted to go back to bed.  My morning routine went off without a hitch.  Made it to work with about 30 minutes to spare.  Got in the meeting for the training and while it was semi boring I managed to get some take away material, that will help me in the future.  I have a few more sessions to attend and then we shall see if I can get the access that I need to do my job.  My boss is sick today, he’s got some stomach bug.  I think staying home for him was a smart call.  He is a workaholic and loves his job to the point that he could spend the night at the office and I don’t think it would bother him.  His wife on the other hand would probably be ticked.  Interested to see if he comes back tomorrow.

Traffic should be interesting on the way home, since I will be leaving right in the peak of rush hour.  Not sure if it will afford me the opportunity to get home earlier but I am hoping that will be the case.  I could use extra time in my evening, even if I only sit and watch TV with the children.  It will be time well spent for me. 

Sometimes it’s a good idea to change up routines.  Last night instead of having the normal frozen pizza for supper since it was Sunday, I bought some Stouffer’s Chicken Enchiladas. They only sell this in a family size portion so that translates to two if not three meals for me.  Well worth the $15.  The down side of this was that it took an hour and twenty minutes to bake in the oven.  It was delicious and could have been a little more spicy but still it was good.  I polished off the stale cake to make room for the left overs from supper.  Tonight I am all set have a couple of enchiladas reheated in the microwave, then a slice of cheesecake and I should be in a diabetic’s paradise. 

Yesterday I got out the fishing pole that has a plastic toy ball with a bell in it out.  I remember playing with Blu and decided that it was time to have some fun.  I spent at least 20 minutes with Bear, Marvin and Insty.  Momma came to check it out but didn’t want to play at all.  Bear got tired and let me play with Marvin and once he was rested he came back into the game.  Insty was all claws.  I tried as hard as I could but I couldn’t get Marvin to jump for anything.  It felt good to play with them and see their faces light up, I wore them out and they eventually had to have a nap.  That came in handy to give me some computer time and time to work on the laundry.  It was a good day and I hope that there will be many more of those ahead for all of us.

No word from the eye doc yet on my frames.  I am thinking that I will have to go by this Saturday and ask for an update.  Normally they can get something in within a few days so I find it odd that it’s taking a little bit longer but perhaps they are trying for an exact match and not a like match.  Which I am perfectly fine with.  They may have not had any luck at all.  I looked at several pairs of Harley Davidson eye wear on line and there are some close but not exact matches.  It would make life so much easier if the model would answer the studio and then they would get me the information.  Chances are high the frame is out of production, eyewear is rapidly changing to keep up with fashion.  Still knowing would be better than guessing.

Well time to run, off to another meeting.  Hope your all having a fantastic Monday!

No comments: