28 May 2016


As you may be able to tell by the title of this post, I’m going to jabber about several different things.  This post is the result of being time poor and now I am making up for lost time.  Hang on … here we go.

Earlier this week I saw an awesome movie and fell in love with Cole Doman.  The movie was Henry Gambles Birthday Party. I paid around $4 to rent it on Amazon and I was very pleased with my purchase.  I had my eye on this movie for a while.  I’m a sucker for a blond haired guy.  Cole reminds me of a former boss that I had and he is as I imagined my former boss when he was younger.  If you have the chance to see this and your looking for a good gay themed movie, then this is it. 

Keeping with the movie theme, if your looking for some laughter and want to go to the movies, then I would recommend seeing Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising.  I went to see it because of Zac Efron.  Dave Franco is in it and plays a gay role.  He’s hot as well but in the end of the movie Franco’s character nails it when Efron’s character asks why do so many gay guys hit on me?  The response …. because your so hot, they want to fuck the shit out of you.  Yeah, that is the truth!

Today was a decently productive good day.  It started with waking up and eating breakfast at a new place I had found.  It was okay, but nothing to write home about.  Then off to see the eye doctor to look at the frames they ordered.  I was stunned that there were only 2 samples to pick from.  Both were from Guess (no that’s the brand Guess, it’s not a question).  They didn’t resemble the photo I dropped off of Kennedy’s glasses from Corbin Fisher.  I’ve hounded the studio to death trying to get them to reach him and tell me the information on his glasses.  Apparently he hasn’t been receptive to their emails.  I think there are other issues at play as to why he is not responding, but I really wish he would just tell them.  The eye doc is going to order some additional samples and call me when they come in.  I am going to do some searching on my own and if I find anything I will forward it to them to order in so I can see it before I commit.  After the eye doc, I hit up the local pharmacy and got some medicine filled for momma.  Then it was to the post office to pick up my mail and more pee pads for Bear.  Then home to drop everything off quickly and out the door to the movie theater.  After the movie it was back to the pharmacy and then finally home sweet home. 

Ivy has taken over here by storm.  It’s trying to choke everything out and it was growing on the house in the back.  I fixed that today and cut it down.  It was one solid leaf so I know it’s not poison ivy but my chest has been itching ever since.  I never touched it I used a tool to pull it down and cut it off.  Then I cut down a branch from a tree in front that has been driving us all crazy for a year.  We have had a lot of storms and it managed to tear a window screen.  Not happy about that but at least I can see out the front window now.  The outside of my place looks like a jungle.  The house needs to be pressure washed, the deck needs to be cleaned and the bushes and trees need to be trimmed.  In short it looks like I don’t care and I just live here.  Yep, that’s it.  I will have the trees and bushes taken care of but it’s not at the top of my list.  I am trying to dig out of debt or at least come closer to that point.

I took a nap and woke up to feed the children some lunch.  Then my mother called.  Holy shit I knew I was having far too good of a day for something not to go wrong.  She was crying like someone just did something horrible.  I said what’s wrong she said I am going to have to live here for a whole year.  I said well it’s better than being in the middle of the street.  At least you have a roof over your heard, don’t have a mortgage and just have to figure out how to get to the dining hall.  My life is far more complicated.  So that help put things into perspective for her and calm her down.  Then she gave me more details on the program she is trying to get into that is supposed to allegedly give her an apartment.  I know she has applied and they are processing her application but I don’t think she has much of a chance of getting out of the nursing home.  She asked to be placed there, which is how she was able to move in.  Now that she is there she is no longer my brothers problem and while he visits on a regular basis he’s pretty well able to do what he wants.  Since he was working she had no one to talk to so she called me.  Then she started apologizing because I didn’t want to deal with it.  I told her there is nothing for me to deal with, this is your problem. I am just trying to help you see the bigger picture.  We made small talk, she asked about the children and my job.  Then she popped in her question about wanting to spend a weekend over here.  She tried to get me to commit to a timeline but I wouldn’t do that.  I never will because it’s not going to happen.  She isn’t mentally stable and I doubt that she will ever be that way again.  I may take her out to eat but that is about it.  So our conversation was drawing to a close and she started crying again.  I asked what is wrong now?  She said your going to say goodbye.  It’s only a phone call and people usually say some version of bye to indicate the conclusion of a call or conversation.  It’s not like I am moving to Arizona and you’ll never see or hear from me again.  It’s just a bloody phone call.  I worked to calm her down again if only for a brief moment.  So I said okay I will see you later, figured that would be better than bye.  She started crying again and said bye.  That was it I hope she hung up because I did.  Whack A Doodle.

After trying to gather my sanity, I made my way to the basement to pay bills.  Then I left to get a bite to eat for supper, went to the drug store to get a card & some after shave, then to the cat food store and I thought I was done.  Nope the light sensor in the garage had been broken all week.  I thought it was a burnt out bulb but no the whole sensor went bust.  I wasn’t in the mood to spend more money but I went out and got a replacement.  I actually like the replacement better because you can tell it after it detects motion how long you want it to stay on.  The replacement was $15 which is about the same as what I paid for the original last year.  Now I am home.

Bear’s bed busted and I need to sew it up.  I found thread but I can’t find a needle to save my life.  We had some form of a sewing kit but I don’t know where it went to.  Now I have to be on the lookout tomorrow for sewing needles.  Would be nice if they sold them at the grocery store but I suspect that I will have to hit up Target.  Getting me in and out of there without spending more than I need to is very rare.  I love that place!  I am not giving him the bed back until it’s fixed.  He just uses it to pee in.  I line it with pee pads and he climbs in does his business and then leaves.  His version of a litter box.  Right now he’s got two pee pads and he is using them, so were good.  Golly gee he sure does make a lot of urine.  I would rather pay for pads than to pay a vet bill again.  I keep the wet food going and when I am not watching I know he is also drinking water.  So hopefully were good for a while. 

Decided to start laundry and play on the computer.  I have found that I really need my glasses here lately.  The computer does nothing but fatigue your eyes.  I tried glare filters at work but they didn’t do much good.  So thankfully Dell has preset modes, I dropped it down to text and that seems to have done the trick.  Now that I am home I don’t have Dell to fall back on.  My monitors are made by HP and AOC.  I could fiddle with them but really like them as they are, so I just wear the glasses.  Besides that it’s not like I am glued to the screen for 8 hours. 

I will be heading up to pass out meds to the children and brush my teeth.  Then to watch some TV and call it a night.  Tomorrow is another day.  I need to hit up the grocery store and take care of finding that needle.  Outside of that there is cleaning the house.  I think I will be resorting to having pizza for supper.  Glad that I have an extra day off and most of it will be devoted to what I want but I do have to take time to go see my friends, gulp down a meal and then head back home to get ready to go back to work on Tuesday. 

Oh the joy I got in the mail today.  It’s homeowners policy renewal time.  The premium went up by $161 which isn’t bad but it’s still enough that it will increase my mortgage payment each month.  The bank will be sending me a letter later on in the year to let me know that I can make a lump sum payment for the shortage or that I can just pay a higher amount each month.  In any case remember last year all of the trouble I had in getting them to actually pay the insurance company?  Yeah I hope that we don’t go through that again this year.  I am not in the mood.  I am keeping a close eye out and have made a note on my calendar.  I know that if they don’t pay the bill in time a notice of cancellation will be mailed out.  Right now it’s just wait and watch, no need for any action.

I will be back tomorrow to talk more about work and other stuff.  I am jabbered out for tonight.  Need to spend some time with my furry creatures and call it a night.  Hope your having a great weekend.

No comments: