05 November 2015

Thursday…one more day

It’s just been crazy in my life.  We had some big wigs in yesterday and one of them was a screamer.  He put me through my paces with his demands.  He even started throwing things when things went wrong.  I was never so happy in my life when I heard that he had left the building.  Bad news is that he will be coming back in the not too distant future, hopefully next time we won’t interact and that will be better for both of us.  Things were just crazy and it was a run, run kind of day.  Today I was taken out to lunch in appreciation for my efforts yesterday.  It was a nice gesture but not one that had to be done.  I mean I was doing my job.  Yes it was stressful but that is part of what I signed up for.  I enjoyed the gesture of kindness and now I am trying to stay awake.

I am not sure why but last night I forgot to take my sleeping pills.  I woke up in the middle of the night and I was tired and wanted to go back to sleep but couldn’t.  My body is so used to getting it’s chemical fix that sleeping for an extended period of time w/o it apparently doesn’t work.  Yet I can take naps for an hour or two with no problem.  One thing is for certain I won’t be forgetting the pills tonight.

I do believe that Mother Nature is cooperating for the roof job this weekend.  I am scared of what they might tell me but I am hoping for the best and that there won’t be any extra added costs or disasters found.  It will be cool but the sun will be out and that is much better than the last two weekends.  I really want to get this over with for many reasons. 

Driving home in the dark is a challenge for everyone  There have been accidents most days this week.  Last night was the first night there wasn’t an accident but traffic was still backed up in spots.  I used to get home at 6:15 and that is stopping for the mail.  Lately it’s been 6:30 and after each night.  The children are waiting anxiously for their evening meal which I can’t seem to give to them fast enough.  Then I figure out what I am going to eat and play on the computer a little bit.  Then it’s time to pass out the evening snacks, get ready for the next work day and finally retire to watch TV, go to bed and get up the next day and do it all over again.  Yet it pays the bills so that is why I keep doing it. 

The children are all doing okay for a change.  I need to get Momma to the vet next weekend to have her blood drawn and see where things are at with her thyroid.  Hopefully everything is under control.  She isn’t terribly hip on pills but I think she is at least happy I am not playing with her ears any more.  She seems to linger around me when it’s time for medicine.  So its like she wants it but at the same time she doesn’t want it. 

One more day and a few of my work friends decided to take tomorrow off.  I am jealous but at the same time things are typically calmer on a Friday and I look at it as easy money.  Plus traffic seems to be lighter I guess everyone is burning up their vacation before the end of the year.  As long as the day flies by and I am able to get home I will be happy 

Vacation is available for rental at a much cheaper price so I am looking forward to seeing that over the weekend, it should be good for a few laughs.  After the week I have had thus far I can use all of the laughter I can get. 

I hope that all is going well in your world and that your week has been better than mine.  Now back to the races.  Cheers!

No comments: