22 November 2015

Spending Money on a Sunday

I didn’t get to the movies today, it was a thought but once I was home I decided to stay put.  It was cold this morning and I was thankful that I had switched my wardrobe.  Made my usual trip to Steak N Shake and the Grocery Store.  The kids had enough food that I just purchased enough at the grocery store to freshen up the line up.  No need to make an extra trip and it helped get me to the $70 mark so I got my $20 off.  Love that!  A cashier that I have struck up a rapport with told me that she lost her dog.  She found a place that did cremations for $80 – you get their ashes back, a yard marker and a scattering urn.  Yeah I like what I got from my vet but the price was $124 and were talking for a cat, I would hate to see what a dog costs.  I am very hopeful that I won’t be in the market for cremation anytime soon.  I have thought of talking with the funeral home that I used for my late partner to see what they would charge.  But that is a conversation for another day.

I am not sure if I mentioned it but the Dyson vacuum that I have, the on/off switch no longer clicks, so you have to use a piece of tape to make it stay on in order to vacuum.  I took that sucker apart today and figured out that I need a new relay switch.  Amazon has it for $7.50, which is awesome.  It gave me an excuse (not that I need one to do more shopping).  I got the switch on order as well as a 5 pack of bow ties, one of which is rainbow and I plan on wearing it on Turkey Day.  I also got another Duke Cannon Big Ass Brick of Soap and a bladder replacement for my Steam Cleaner.  The switch and the bow ties are guaranteed for delivery by Wednesday, which is a very good thing.  The rest of the stuff should be in by the end of the month, not that I am in a hurry.  I am anxious to replace the switch – I love it when I can fix something on my own and make it work.  Saves money and makes me feel good all at the same time. 

I can feel a small difference in how I feel since I am on day #2 of the antibiotics.  Hopefully they do the trick and wipe out whatever germ is causing me trouble so that I can return to normal. 

I got my phone mostly setup for being on-call, I will turn off Do Not Disturb in the morning and will look forward to next Monday when I can turn it back on.  I disable my personal email from pushing and change it to manual update, so that I don’t get woken up at 2 in the morning when a piece of spam comes flying in.  Tonight will be the last night that I can sleep soundly until Thursday.  We only work Monday thru Wednesday.  There is no hope of getting to leave early but I can tell you that a number of people will be out on vacation this week and if your not out for the whole week a lot of folks will take Wednesday off.  I will want to leave early but won’t because it will mess up any time that I work on Friday.  I will get double time and a half, why would I want to screw myself like that?  So as difficult as it is I will work the whole week, but I didn’t say I wouldn’t complain. 

The furnace is running strong, it just kicked off a moment ago and it’s toasty in here.  A little too warm for me, but that will change I am sure.  I have it set for colder in the night and then to warm up about an hour before I hop out of bed.  It also warms up an hour before I am home.  Another proud accomplishment.  Thankful that I didn’t blow up the house! 

I cleaned out an return air duct that I have been meaning to get to.  Man it was full of dust.  I also fetched a bankers lamp that my late partner had in his office and moved it to mine.  It had to be dusted.  This is also something that I have put off.  Then I walked back to what used to be his bedroom and went looking for some clothes, I have a few more things that I could wash and wear but I am done with laundry for the day.  I thought to myself as I was back there, I really need to move in here, it would be nice.  I need to throw out his nightstand, it’s the source of an unpleasant odor but I am paralyzed to take any action – it’s the same way with his office.  It’s just something that I don’t want to deal with.  I know he is not coming back and it seems like the longer I wait the more I want to put it off.  Eventually I will draw a line in the sand and say that’s it, then it will be all action.  Until I get to that point it is waiting for me and I know it’s not going anywhere. 

Insty has been up my butt all day, meowing for this or that.  Mostly for food.  I did manage to get a nap in today and she slept on my lap.  It was great.  Bear came over and I was petting him – we all just drifted away.  Very relaxing and pleasant. 

Well now it’s time to head up and get ready for Monday.  Yeah I am not thrilled about it but it will be one day closer to turkey day.  Also I have a $10 coupon off of a $30 purchase at Maggiano’s.  It says nothing about Thanksgiving Day so I am going to try to use it.  If it works I will get my $40 meal for $30, which won’t be bad.  My friends typically pick up the tab but I am not counting on that.  I am fully prepared to pay for my own meal, always have been and always will be. 

I hope that you had a great Sunday.  It was fun for me and I am sad it’s just about over.  I am more sad that I will be on-call.  Talk with you folks again soon.  Stay warm!

No comments: