14 October 2015

Worried about momma

Momma left me more unwanted presents in the basement tonight.  I passed out the evening treat and she passed on it.  I opened special food for her and everyone loves that.  She passed on it as well.  So something is clearly wrong here.  She is drinking but apparently isn't eating at the moment.  I am concerned about it.  However, she ate Breakfast so it's not an emergency.  I gave her a small dose of medicine to help stop the hershey squirts.  Hopefully, that will settle her stomach and she will feel like eating in the morning.  

Funny thing about this batch of cats is they all have gone on a hunger strike at one point or another.  Momma has been in the hosptial before.  I don't want to take her back there.  If they stop eating unless they start again it's a death sentence.  I don't have money to pour out but at the same time I don't just throw my hands up and give up right away.  We try what we can and if that doesn't work well then things don't look so good.  

As if you can't tell by my writing there is more worry on my part.  I lost one this year already back in May and I don't want to lose another one now.  Especially Momma, she is the matriarch of the family and I am not sure that everyone can survivie without her, especially Ruth.  She really looks up to Momma.

Funny thing is Momma slept with me last night.  I guess she hasn't been feeling well for a while.  I think it's finally taking it's tole on her and she is crying out for help.  I have no problem taking her to the vet but I know she won't be thrilled about it and neither will my wallet.  

No movement on the roof.  I am calling them tomorrow.  I can understand a slight delay because Monday was a government holiday but this is really unacceptable for the amount of money I am shelling out.  It's a peice of paper and not that difficult to obtain.  Let's get this over with already.  I don't know why but when I place an order for something service related things always seem to go awry.

Work has been okay.  I went to lunch with my new friend but didn't come out to her.  I still want to but I am kind of unsure if it's the right thing to do.  Speaking of work tomorrow is pay day and it took me exactly 17 minutes to give away all of my money.  Then I found that I posted a debit to one of my credit cards last month and it should have come out of my checking account.  How do you spell overdrawn? In my records I am overdrawn but it hasn't actually happened.  Which is a good thing because the overdraft protection is expensive and they love to tack on fees.  I know this from my late partners checking account, which he overdrew more than once.  So come tomorrow everything will be hunky dory with the bank - then they dispurse my money to pay bills and presto I am out of money.  

I got an email from Microshaft that Office 2016 is out.  I would like to upgrade but I am not confident that it won't play hell with my encrypted mail service, which is a plugin for Outlook.  The cost for me is only $9.95 and that is for Office Pro Plus.  It's thanks to my employer and the Home Use Program.  It's a great deal and how I upgraded to Office 2013.  Everything is working right and it's a case of do I want to take a chance on messing it up?  I don't send many encrypted emails these days but when I have the need I want the service to preform.  Risk seems to be associated with everything we do in life.  You could fail, it could cause a problem, you might run out of money, you could get sick, you could be injured and the list goes on.  Rather depressing. 

Speaking of depressing it's time to wrap things up and call it a night.  I shall talk with you folks again soon.  Hopefully I will have some good news to report about Momma and the Roof, the more good news the better.  I hope all is well in your world.  Take care!

No comments: