19 October 2015

My turn

I guess with all of the recent stress it’s my turn to be ill.  Today when I got to work I noticed that my left ear started hurting.  By lunch time it was a challenge to eat but I kept chewing threw the pain.  I couldn’t wait to get home and start on ear drops.  Which I did.  My teeth started hurting as well so I knew that there is/was a sinus infection brewing.  I don’t want to take more time off to see a doctor.  What to do?  I started myself on steroids.  Not exactly the best thing to do without an antibiotic to accompany it.  I already feel a little bit better.  I also took 1000 mg of Ibuprofen so that should help.  The bad thing is I will be up all night peeing.  The good news is the pain should subside and I should be able to return to work tomorrow.  That is the goal.  I think I am delaying my impending doom and eventually I will need an antibiotic but for now I am going to try to forge forward.

Worried about the kids I peeked in on them through the camera.  I turned on the speaker and started hearing pounding.  What in the world was going on?  I thought great they started on the roof without me.  Nope.  I have no idea what I heard but everything is fine.  I looked all over my property and there is no permit posted.  That was supposed to happen today.  So I will give them another day and if there is no permit here by Tuesday night then Wednesday I will be calling again.  I shouldn’t have to police a contractor.  They should just do their job.  I mean were all adults.  However, like I told you I have bad luck in that area.

My neighbor at work told me that he was leaving early.  Turns out he has not only been sick for over a month but he developed full blown Pneumonia.  Yeah and came to work with a fever and all.  He’s got bigger problems than that.  They also found an aortic aneurism.  He has to meet with a surgeon on Wednesday to figure out how they are going to deal with that.  That would scare me to death.  One wrong move or if that thing decides to burst ahead of schedule, your done for good!  He’s had a lot of health problems and his wife the same way.  He actually moved here to be closer to his family because of his wife’s declining health issues. 

Progress with momma the vet called today to check on her while I was at lunch.  I told them all is well.  She waited tonight for ‘special’ food and is still eating like a champ.  I caught her in the litter box and were back to solid deposits.  Now I just have to make sure Ruth is okay and we should be home free.  Momma is due for her appetite stimulant tomorrow but with the way she is eating I am tempted to skip it.  The vet said it would be okay.  All I know is I don’t ever want to experience this again.  I won’t make the same mistake twice because I realize that I may not be lucky if there would be a next time.

That is all I have for now.  My back is killing me and I want to veg out in front of the TV before the rest of the evening flies by.  Big Bang Theory is on so that should be good for a laugh.  1 day down.  4 days to go.  Oh and there is rain the in forecast for Saturday.  Might not be getting that roof after all.  Sad smile

No comments: