12 October 2015

The Combo Post

Sunday was pretty much a normal day.  I woke up late, got to eat breakfast really late and went grocery shopping.  I had the house cleaned up, laundry under control.  Worked in a nap and got to spend time with the furry family and watch TV.  Not a bad way to spend the day. 

Ms. Momma decided to crap in my office last night.  No reservations about it, she just comes in squats and there it was.  I yelled at her, she meowed back to me.  Not exactly sure what she was trying to say.  I cleaned it up.  I didn’t vacuum downstairs, maybe that is what she wants.  I am not entirely sure what she is after or is trying to tell me.  All I know is that if I have to keep cleaning up after her like this, she will get a visit to the vet.  It’s about check up time anyway but I really don’t want to go through that, considering all of the other money I have spent.  I am watching her Thyroid medication refill and will be calling it in as soon as I can.

Supper last night was Lasagna and Apple Crisp.  Not exactly paired for each other but it wasn’t bad.  Tonight is Chicken Parm with Pumpkin Bread Pudding.  Again not exactly paired for each other but it will be quick. 

Yesterday was National Coming Out Day.  No surprise with my blogs name that I am gay.  Woop – no big deal.  I know that for a lot of people it takes a lot to come out and there are different circumstances with everyone.  I have always said and will always say that coming out is a very personal decision.  It is right for some and not right for others.  Only you can decide if this is something you want to do.  You can do it any day of the week and it doesn’t have to be a holiday.  Just know that once you utter the words that your gay or you like people of the same sex, that is something that you won’t be able to take back.  I am not trying to discourage anyone, just laying out the facts.  I am who I am, just as you are who you are and there isn’t anyone or anything that can change that.  Gay or Straight, were all just human. 

Today is Columbus Day here in the US, looks like it’s Thanksgiving in Canada if I am reading my calendar correctly.  If so, Happy Thanksgiving Canada!  Here it means that most banks, courts, and the post office are all closed.  Some schools and very few businesses close as well.  The commute in to work was very easy but tomorrow I expect that it will return to being it’s normal difficult self. 

I am going out to lunch tomorrow.  Might be Cheesecake Factory might be some place else.  Kind of depends on what mood me and my guest are in.  I will be headed to lunch with a co-worker that I have become close with.  Relax, it’s a female and she’s married.  She’s rolling in the dough so that isn’t a bad thing.  She doesn’t have all of the common worries that you and I have but I am sure that she has her struggles.  She is a lot of fun and we joke with each other.  I am weighing the pros and cons but I think I am going to tell her more about me, if you get my drift.  I don’t think it will be a problem and from what I have seen thus far she keeps a secret pretty well.  Not that it’s a huge secret of who I am, but I really don’t want that circulating in the workplace. 

Funny thing I am setting up to help some folks today with a meeting and one of the participants comes up to me and says hey I think I know you.  Yeah he used to own one of the places I worked at in the past.  It was a family business and even though he was family, we both got a raw deal.  It was really good to see him.  He had to gloat and tell the whole room we used to work together.  Yeah I used to work on his computer.  It was odd that our paths would cross but the world is a small place and you just never know who you will run into. 

No word on the roof, I know they probably can’t get the permit today because of the holiday.  So maybe I will hear something tomorrow.  Hopefully this is a done deal very soon.  I am so worried about what they will find after they rip off the roof.  I pray that it’s nothing major and can be fixed.  Like all of the other challenges I have faced, I want this behind me and as fast as possible.  I want to pay off the other loan and be able to breathe a sigh of relief.  It’s been an eventful year and there is still a few more months left before we can call it a done deal. 

I hope that all is well in your world and that the sun is shining bright.  Nothing much else happening.  Just looking forward to quitting time so that I can go home to see the children, rub some bellies, fill my belly, relax and get some sleep before it’s time to do it all over again tomorrow.  Warm weather all week long, it’s like Summer is still here.  That will pass soon enough so I am enjoying it while I can.  AC is back on.  Cheers for now!

1 comment:

Jude said...

We went back to summer weather for a few days and now it's autumn weather again... which I much prefer. :)

Yes it was our Thanksgiving this weekend, had turkey dinner and a pumpkin dessert. Lovely!

Hope your week is good!