21 October 2015

Another day on my back

In case you can’t tell by the title I stayed home again today.  It wasn’t what I wanted to do but it is what my body demanded.  I hurt all over and especially my neck was killing me.  I had my breakfast took my pills and took care of the children and their medicine – then it was off to the computer to tell everyone I was out for the day and I was back in bed.

I saw some interesting TV last night and again today both via NetFlix.  They have a PBS Nova Special on about Hacking and then there was a movie that was made about 3 hackers, that covered their arrest and provided a little bit of background on them.  Scary stuff but also very interesting. 

The children were happy that daddy was home another day.  I started eating and drinking my way through the house.  It wasn’t that I wanted to eat it was that I was bored and didn’t have anything else to do.  Every time I laid down I would eventually drift off for a little bit.  That will of course make sleeping tonight quite the challenge.  However, I made it to sleep last night and I have plans to make it to sleep tonight. 

I decided to use my floating holidays for my 2 days of sick time.  Not sure if that will fly at work but it’s worth a try.  I will gain a day next pay period which will be at the end of the month (next week).  Which will be a good thing.  Those floating holidays are use them or lose them.  You’ve got all year long and most people knock them out early.  Me I like to hang on to them as insurance.  But since I know that I will have PTO coming up incase of illness or weather issues I figure might as well use them now, as it will be a challenge to get them in by the end of the year. 

I just cancelled my subscription to HERE TV.  It a GLBT channel, they had some interesting programing but I am starting to see things repeat and they have not had anything I was interested in watching for a while.  It will save me $7.00 a month, plus tax.  That cost will cover the blocking feature I signed up for on my cell phone so in the end it’s a wash. 

Checked the weather and rain has moved to Friday and it is supposed to be clear on Saturday.  Listened to the weather tonight on TV and they said rain would be clearing on Saturday.  The whole roofing job is in limbo due to the weather.  All I can do is play along like it’s going to take place and if there is doubt I will reach out to the contractor on Friday to find out and hopefully be able to reschedule for the following Saturday, which would be Halloween.  Yikes!  Given my issues last week and again this week, taking time off makes me feel uneasy and I can’t afford to lose or put my job in jeopardy.  I am probably overly paranoid but better to be this way than to get surprised. 

I didn’t leave the house at all today and I am starting to feel better.  Hopefully that pattern continues and tomorrow morning there are no issues, so that I can get back to it.  Not that I really want to but hey it’s only 2 days and they will fly by.  Then I will get 2 more days to be at home and continue my recovery. 

Momma is still doing good.  I gave her the appetite stimulant just to error on the side of caution.  She has completed one medication for nausea.  Now we are finishing up with antibiotics and her thyroid pill.  Soon it will be down to the thyroid pill only and I think she will be happier about that.  Were about to go upstairs and get some treats.  It’s comedy Wednesday so there will be plenty of new TV to catch up on and that should keep me occupied for a while. 

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.  Crossing my fingers that I will be going back tomorrow!

No comments: