11 November 2022

THE MONTH OF NO

no hand 

There are 2 NO events in the month of November. 

#1 – NO NUT NOVEMBER

According to Wikipedia “No Nut November is an internet challenge revolving around male abstinence from masturbation, sex and ejaculation during the month of November.  It originated in late 2010 and grew in popularity on social media during and after 2017.”

I am sure that there are some guys who can make it the entire month if you elect to undertake this challenge.  I honestly don’t see how it’s possible unless your severely depressed or chemically castrated unless you just have unbelievable will power.  There is so much sexuality in one day regardless of which sex you are attracted to.  I can see a couple days but after that you have to start becoming hypersensitive.  Personally, for me the longest I have gone is a week and that was back when my spouse passed.  I had no desire or drive.  However, after 5 days my body took over and it said we need this.  I really didn’t want to but honestly I felt slightly better afterwards.  If your taking on this challenge best of luck to you!

no sign

#2 – NO SHAVE NOVEMBER

According to https://no-shave.org “The Concept The Goal of No-Shave November is to grow awareness by embracing our hair, which many cancer patients lose, and letting it grow wild and free.  Donate the money you typically spend on shaving and grooming to educate about cancer prevention, save lives and those fighting the battle.”

Sadly I think that many people personally know or know of someone that has battled cancer.  The treatment is poison to the human body in order to kill the cancer and the side effects are plenty.  Some folks get lucky and only have mild effects but most and many suffer sever and debilitating side effects.  Many people in my family have had cancer and I’ve seen a wide range of side effects from mild to wild up to and including death.  My late spouse battled and recovered from Colo-Rectal Cancer.  That was my first hand hell and it was very scary.  I don’t know how he made it but he did.  We both thought it would take him out but instead he took it out. 

If you are taking on this challenge I wish you the best of luck.  I don’t know how any guy can let facial hair just grow.  I did it when I had COVID earlier this year and the itch was horrible but I honestly didn’t care about much.  Today I can go about a week and then I have to shave or I will wind up clawing my face to death from all of the scratching.  There is something special about a fresh shave and it gets even better if you know how to do it with a straight razor as nothing gets closer than a razer blade.  Safety razors are by far the most popular and in fact what I use but when I get my hair cut the barber uses a straight razor on my neck and it’s silky smooth afterwards. 

A challenge is a way to break up the hum drum of daily life so long as it’s nothing risky and there is little to no risk of injury.  There has been a litany of challenges birthed on the internet and they have been all over the spectrum from mild to wild.  There is usually a fair risk to most challenges that get trending like the Cinnamon Challenge.  You can die from that.  Regardless of the challenge if your going to take it on, do your research and make sure it’s safe. 

Happy NOvember!  The only challenge I am taking on is seeing how much I can pack away at Thanksgiving Dinner and even that is unhealthy but it’s so good and I do love my food!

No comments: