24 November 2022

Happy Thanksgiving

image

Good Morning and Happy Thanksgiving!

Today is my favorite holiday primarily because it centers around food, which is something that I love.  It’s also the one time of year that I get Italian Sausage Dressing and it’s so good and it’s gone way too fast.  I have a Friendsgiving rather than a traditional Thanksgiving which is usually spent with family.  My family, other than my brother has all passed.  Me and my brother are polar opposites and don’t get along that well.  I’d like to talk with him more often but he’s got his wife and her family that smother him and have converted him into their cult behavior so he doesn’t think of me, which is fine. 

This is a holiday that centers around being thankful.  I am most thankful for my old little girl Gator and that she has made it 18 long years.  I pray that she keeps going for many more.  I’m also thankful that I have a decent job, a great ride and a house.  That I am financially making it.  I’m not rich but I’m not starving either.  There are many other things to be thankful for, one of which my grandfather used to remind me of which is my health.  He said if you have your health then you have plenty to be thankful for.  That is very true. 

I miss my family both my late spouse and my furry family that have all passed.  I wish they were healthy and here with me.  I know that I would be much happier.  However, I am thankful that I got to know them and care for them. 

If you stop and really think about it, no matter what your life is like you can find plenty of things and people to be thankful for.  I hope that you are able to enjoy this day with family and/or friends and have a meal and make some memories. 

Thanks for stopping by and for your readership.  May this be a great day for all of us to take time to reflect for all of the things we are thankful for. 

image

1 comment:

Susan said...

Hi Jeremy,

Have an enjoyable T day with your friends. Hugs to Gator. Take care.

Susan