09 November 2022

Cinnamon Roll Coma

Yesterday was fun but I didn’t even make it out of the house.  I wound up eating junk for breakfast, one item of which was a Cinnamon Roll.  That of course caused a sugar coma for me and I had to take a nap after about an hour and a half.  By the time I woke up there was no sense in venturing off to the buffet.  I thought about going someplace else but opted to just stay put.  I got bothered a couple times since I am on-call but I really only had to login once to take care of something that was urgent.  I did that after waking from my nap and I had problems seeing anything since my computer glasses were downstairs and I was upstairs trying to be lazy and work from my laptop.  I bumbled my way through it. 

Gator and I got a lot of cuddle time and time in general together yesterday.  I did get a shower and shaved.  Used my Clarasonic and it felt great.  Perhaps it’s an illusion but it just makes me feel like I am getting rid of more oil and dead skin from the sonic vibration and my face just feels cleaner.  It’s been a very long time since I had a facial and I should do one of those.  That relaxes me to the point where I need a nap.  I never had one professionally done.  I’ve seen it done on YouTube and man all of the junk they get out of peoples pores, it’s disgusting to think that you can walk around with all of that in your skin.  ICK. 

I still can’t help but think about Aaron Carter.  I’ve watched several interviews with him that were done by various people that of course are at the top of the feed now.  He’s got a lot of animosity but it’s interesting to hear some of the backstory about different events.  I also learned from a video report that apparently the police were at his house doing a welfare check the night before he passed.  It upset him to the point he told his maid/housekeeper to send them away and he allegedly never made contact with them.  I think that probably is what set things in motion but honestly no one really knows for sure and for that matter maybe he didn’t want to meet with the police because he was high.  One thing Aaron stressed in most every interview that I have watched is the fact that he is human.  That’s very true and humans are not perfect and we all have flaws.  Addiction is a tough thing to beat regardless what it is that your addicted to.  It’s so depressing to me that he is gone at such a young age but at least now no one can bother him.  The sad part is that his siblings have to live with how they treated him and I know the wave of guilt that comes crashing down on you where you wish you would have done this or that or said this or that.  Life is very fragile and we all often take it for granted.  You don’t always get the opportunity to apologize or fix something.  I am interested in what if anything is ever released as the official cause of death.  From everything I’ve heard and seen it sounds like there was both good and bad in his life.  I listened to one of his albums last night and remembered the happy thoughts that his music was able to afford me and how life was for me back when his music was released. 

Thinking about Thanksgiving I did some searching on Amazon for Thanksgiving Shirts.  I included the word funny and also suggestive.  I found some funny shirts where the turkey is saying eat pizza or dressed up as a cat.  I’ve seen some sexually suggestive shirts as well.  I’ve got a few of each on my list but will need to make a purchase soon.  The best one of the suggestive shirts is a picture of a turkey and the saying says stuff me daddy.  I’m looking to make a good first impression and try to be humorous at the same time.  In years past when we would go out I would always buy a new dress shirt.  One year I got a rainbow bowtie and wore that.  It was very tight but I made it work and man alive everyone was talking about that. 

As for political races for my state the my main concern was for the Governor and the candidate that I was for is the one who wound up winning.  That of course won’t please everyone but that’s politics and when the results come in there is always a winner and a looser.  I am so glad that were done so no more political ads for a while and the signs can come down, life goes back to somewhat peaceful. 

Today was a bit hellish but thankfully it’s over for the most part.  I hope the rest of the day and evening is quiet.  Usually by 7p I am ready to shutdown if nothing comes in.  Gator hates it as much as I do but at least I can be upstairs with her.  Which is where I am headed.  Time to flip on the laptop and the TV to see what we can find for entertainment and watch the sunset.  Cold weather is coming today was the last really warm day were supposed to have for a while.  I can’t say that I am ready for true Fall/Winter Weather but I do always like the first snowfall and perhaps one or two snowfalls after that.  Then I am done with Winter and you can fast forward back to Summer for me, despite allergies year round I would rather sweat than freeze but that’s me. 

Hope all is well in your world.  2 more days left in this week and I hope they are quiet and uneventful but now that I said that I probably jinxed myself.  Hopefully, not.  Take care!

No comments: