27 November 2022

Last Day of Rest

Sadly today is the last day of the Thanksgiving Break.  Not a lot has happened over the past couple days but there have been a few things. 

Saturday I didn’t want to get out but because the trash barrel needed to be brought in I opted to get out.  Good thing I did because FedEx brought my new vacuum and it was sitting on my front porch.  I had no idea.  I grabbed that after bringing in the trash barrel.  Then it was off to the cat food store for Gator.  Then to the post office where I picked up the check that was supposed to be delivered to me earlier in the week.  It had someone’s boot print on it which didn’t make me happy but the check it’s self was fine and I got it deposited.  Then home.  I finished the Cesar Salad prior to going out but by the time I got back my sugar was dropping.  I finished off the 4 Cheese Ravioli and had an Ice Cream Bar.  Got Gator fed and sat with her for a bit before I headed down to work on the computer.  Got my holiday letter out to a former co-worker.  I really hadn’t been wanting to compose that but it’s done.  Laundry is done as well.  I also had to complete a rebate form and get it mailed off.  Ah such fun.  It was a little after 8p when I got upstairs and Gator wasn’t happy but I got her some more food, put away the laundry, finally got settled in the chair and once she was in my lap all was well.  We sat for a few hours before I got up to prep for bed.  It was late before I got to sleep and I didn’t sleep all that well. 

Sunday no surprise I didn’t want to get out of bed.  My internal alarm clock got me up at normal time as if I was going to work.  Gator saw me and that was the end of that.  I got her fed.  I wanted to go back to bed but that didn’t work out that well for me.  I wound up cuddling with Gator and watching some TV while passing the time away.  I put her in my bed and she liked the new topper but I don’t think she liked being up so high from the ground.  After about 30 minutes she wanted down and I finally got up and got breakfast, got the dishes going and then dressed and off to the store.  I didn’t need all that much but still managed to spend a fair amount of money.  I had plans to hit up a second grocery store but that didn’t materialize today.  Next weekend however it shall.  I am on the hunt for a specific Christmas Cookie and I want it.  Tired of waiting and hoping on my regular store to put them out.  They could be out but I have no idea where they are I’ve scoured the store and they don’t have what I am looking for thus far. 

Once I was home I got the groceries put away.  Then exhausted I returned to my room and the chair.  Where Gator sat in my lap and we watched more TV.  I eventually got up and ate some left over ham, which was surprisingly good.  I don’t like hot ham but this cold left over stuff was damn good.  I looked for a side of Sweet Potatoes at the store but all of those sides were long gone, only Mac & Cheese was left and I didn’t want that.  I could have a well rounded left over meal if I had some sweet potatoes.  Ah well it’s left over Turkey and Dressing tonight with some gravy.  I’ve got frozen TV Dinners to fall back on for the week and also picked up a couple of Frozen Pizzas.  Pizza actually sounds good but I don’t want to make the effort to go out for it. 

I stayed true to my word and didn’t go out for breakfast.  No word from the waiter and honestly I will be shocked if I ever do hear from him.  The new vacuum is put together and it works really well.  Not a huge surprise on what it picked up as my former vacuum was doing a good job.  This new thing is much quieter and versatile.  It kind of reminds me a little bit of my old Dyson which compares in price to what I paid for the new vacuum which is a Shark Stratos.  It was much easier to clean my recliner from pet hair than it normally is and I’m impressed thus far.

Working on my porn file transfer and the new drive is being very strange.  It has the data but then it just vanishes into thin air.  Which makes me very happy that I am using copy instead of move.  I am having some trust issues and if I can’t cure them this new drive will be kicked back to Amazon and I will get something different.  I need space and want to keep the files I have.  Hopefully this all works out. 

Not looking forward to Monday and getting back into the groove but Tuesday is the day I am really going to hate, mostly because I am on-call this week and that always sucks.  The best part is that I work all week long then next week only work 3 days and am off on Thursday & Friday.  It will be time to see the doctor again and I will enjoy another long weekend.  Then it’s work for the rest of the year.  We get Monday the 26th off for Christmas Day so there is that to look forward to. 

Need to head up and put out my meds for next week and then work on heating up dinner.  I bought 1/2 of a Chocolate Cake and I plan to have some of that for dessert.  I had got my friends neighbor a piece of Chocolate Cake with Thanksgiving Dinner and I thought for sure he would share it but damn if he didn’t take the whole thing home.  I left hungry for Chocolate Cake so I cured my craving or I will tonight!  Hoping for a no drama week that moves by fast.  Already looking forward to next weekend.  I will go back to my normal routine and eat breakfast out.  Something just feels off if I don’t follow my routines.  Although I must say it was nice to be lazy this morning if only for a few hours. 

Hope all is well in your world.  Take care!

No comments: