20 November 2022

THE GOOD – THE BAD & THE UGLY

Greetings and welcome!

In browsing my YouTube feed this morning I saw something about a shooting in Colorado Springs CO at a Gay Night Club. This was quite a shock and I had no idea. No breaking news alerts on my phone and today of course is one of the two days that I don’t watch the news on TV. It’s sad that another mass shooting in the United States took place. It seems that our leadership in the country is blind to the fact that we need stronger gun laws and penalties in place if you commit such an act that the punishment would be severe enough to serve as a deterrent. Granted it won’t deter everyone who is hell bent on committing a crime like this but I think that it would help lessen the likelihood that another one of these types of events would occur. This is of course my own opinion and in the grand scheme of things it is of little value. I know that there are plenty of other folks out there that feel the same way I do. We need to actually get up and do something instead of talking about it. Churches, Schools, Shopping Centers, Night Clubs and many other places where events like this have taken place, would be a little bit safer if our law makers took some steps in the right direction. Don’t misunderstand me I don’t want to take away your gun if you are legally possessing it, that is a right afforded to you under the US Constitution. There is however no reason for anyone to own an assault style weapon. I know the weapon in this particular shooting has been disclosed as a long rifle. While I haven’t heard much about the shooter or his motive(s) it’s my assumption that he has some mental health issues. If you develop mental health issues there should be a system in place that takes away any and all of your firearms. Again, that is my opinion. It doesn’t mean that it will become law or that it’s even a correct opinion but it is how I feel. My deepest sympathies to all of the victims of this event. I know that your lives have all changed forever and it’s not fair or right. You did nothing wrong.

Today has been a productive day for me. My body permitted me to get some rest even though I catered to Gator’s hunger needs throughout the night. I tried an experiment in that I only took ½ of my evening dose of Diabetes medication. I had no sweets for dessert just the pasta I ate at Red Lobster in the afternoon. I’m going to do the same thing tonight. I checked my sugar this morning and it was at 88 which is still low for me but if I had taken the full dose of medicine, it would have been in the 70’s and that is what I think was causing me to wake up, my body was like “Danger, your sugar is too low eat something”. My best guess tells me that I won’t get those types of warnings and thus will be able to sleep more. That’s not a cure for my insomnia but it should mean more time for me to get the sleep that I need.

I got the dishes going early this morning because I forgot about them last night. I was wiped out. Took some time to sit and feed Gator on the couch. She really loved that and was all about the food. I told her I can’t do this every morning so don’t go getting used to it. It’s not going to become a regular habit. I still sit with her for a little bit and let her eat some even when I am working. There is less time spent with her if I need to leave for the office because it’s all about getting out and into traffic to beat the rush.

I went to breakfast, got sat in the cute waiter’s section. He always calls me Sir and in years past I would have thought nothing of it. Today hearing it from the right person is really a turn on. I asked him if he got my text and he said yes. I said then tell me what my name is. He had to look at his phone but he knew my name. That was all of the proof I needed. There was some minor small talk and then he took my order. After he walked away it just washed over me like a wave, he’s just being friendly and has no intentions of following through on getting that bite to eat. As my meal progressed and he checked on me I asked him if he works everyday and he said that one particular week day is his free day in the morning. By the afternoon he is busy. That is kind of what affirmed my earlier thought. He also told me that he has to work a double shift on Thanksgiving. They are open every holiday but Christmas. That’s crazy but I get it people need some place to eat at. I ran out of soda and he said he would bring me another. He got sat with another table and had to take care of them. He brought me a large to go cup full of soda which was well worth the $3.19 I had to pay for the initial glass. He remarked I guess you can leave me. I said you’ve got my number and know how to find me if you need me. His retort was that is true. He asked what I was up to today and I said grocery shopping. With that I headed to the cashier to pay my bill. It would be really nice if things came together and we clicked. He works so much that I honestly don’t think he has time for a relationship. I’m going to let it play out and see what happens but I’ve lowered my hopes and expectations. If I am wrong then so be it, I can always increase them if he reaches out and we meet up. I’m thinking of not going there for breakfast next weekend. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder. I kind of wonder if he will reach out to even check up on me. I don’t think so, again I could be wrong.

I hit up Target before the grocery store. Man, I had no plans to drop $100 but I managed to do that and a bit more. I needed a little of this, some of that. I got my Casserole dish and they also had Chicken Enchiladas in a Cheese Queso and I have to try that. Some big meals but it will deter me from going out for supper tonight for sure. Not exactly sure what I will have.

On to the grocery store didn’t get a whole lot but dropped $65. Then on to the gas station where my credit card was declined not once but twice. I had to switch cards and then the alerts came in about the transaction being decline and I was asked if I was trying to make it. I mean I stop there every week to two weeks for gas and use the same card. I renewed a piece of software last night and it was an International Purchase. That was out of the ordinary for me and I suspect it’s what tripped the pattern to say this card could be being used fraudulently. It’s all turned back on and good now.

I came home unloaded everything I purchased and put it away. Then got undressed, had to feed Gator again. She gulped down a few quick bites and then clamored to get into my lap and I was all too accommodating for that. We sat for about two hours watching TV, which is when I found out about the shooting. I started to nap a little bit and that’s when I said time to get going. She wanted lunch and I needed to make a run to the cat food store. I got her a little bit of food just to ensure that she has a nice variety of flavors for her ever so picky taste buds.

While I was out, I kept thinking about a livestream I saw earlier in the week where a porn star went live and he was just sitting in a McDonald’s parking lot eating their food. It started out with French Fries and they looked so damn good. Then he got the Quarter Pounder out and that was gone quickly. Then he moved into some McNuggets and that’s when I had to end the stream. It was not healthy to watch him and he kept asking everyone so who’s going to McDonald’s because they saw this. Then he asked McDonald’s to please send him money. Not sure that’s how that works. Anyway, it was enough to make me go. I got my own Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese and Large Fry. I never finish all of my fries but today I sure did. The whole meal was so good but also so unhealthy for me.

After that it was time to get ready for my colleagues’ funeral and I tuned into watch. I’ve never been to a Jewish Funeral before. The service was scheduled to last for an hour but they were done in a quick 30 minutes. It was a nice service. This was the first in the line of many things that the family had to go through. The burial was private. They have a Shiva service and then there is a memorial service for him a bit later tonight. This was apparently a very large Temple and the crowd was overflowing into Standing Room Only. That man touched so many lives and it’s such a shock that all of a sudden, he’s gone. Going into the office won’t be quite the same. I will miss hearing his infectious laugh several times throughout the day. To my knowledge he never had a sick day and only took time off for his shoulder surgery a couple years ago. What a guy! May he rest in peace.

Last night I did some on-line shopping. I got my new glasses ordered from Warby Parker. Damn almost $300. I’ve got insurance but I will bare some of that cost. I went with Warby Parker because they are far cheaper than buying them at the eye doctor. However, I saw my vision insurance provider offers a 30% discount if you get your glasses the same day that you get your eye exam and it’s all done at the same doctor’s office. That’s kind of nice. Every eye doctor manages to interpret my vision insurance benefits differently and I think I wind up getting screwed in the end. I also bought the new vacuum that I’ve had my eye on that was another $470. I’ve got the cash to pay but damn it’s far easier to spend money than it is to make it.

Time to do some quick surfing, grab the laundry and head upstairs. Where I will get to put out my pills for next week, make the bed, vacuum and prepare for tomorrow. Kind of sucks having to go back to work but it’s a short 3 days and it will fly by. I still am in the dark as to what time were supposed to gather on Thanksgiving and chances are good that I won’t find out until Wednesday. My friends like to keep me in the dark even though after I told them I placed the order they said we will talk long before Thanksgiving, yeah right. I think of them way more often than they think of me. I’m bitter about that but I bitch and then try to let go of it. That doesn’t always work well for me.

I hope that your well, warm and safe. Take care of yourselves and thanks for your visit today!

No comments: